Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

E flite apprentice problem

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

E flite apprentice problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 05:05 AM
AlexKuys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E flite apprentice problem

HI
I bought a new e flite apprentice with the supplied spektrum dxe radio.it fkies weel on trainer mode but as soon you put in 2x mode It just dives down with very little elevator control. When stationary no movment in elevator when switcing between modes, Excep 3x mode then elevator go down. any
suggestios
Alex
Old 02-03-2024, 12:34 PM
jaka54

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What is 2x mode and 3x mode??
Show us picture please.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:27 PM
RCoffroadracer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the same plane and know what you mean. remember the switch J is the high and low rates switch. high rate give 100% servo movement. if you need more movement remember you can move the control rods on the control horns to a lower hole(closer to the pivot point) on the rudder. this will give it more travel. low rate gives only 70% movement. unfortunately, that's just how it is with the stock spektrum radio for the plane. you can't change anything. you cant change the gyro settings either. you would need to buy a different gyro.
also keep in mind when in intermediate mode, below 100 feet, its still operates in beginner mode. I do not know how it knows the altitude. but this is what the manual says.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:31 PM
LLRCFlyer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

If the sudden pitch down is extreme, then there is a problem with the Safe select function in the receiver. I have seen it happen several times. I lost an Extra 300 due to a sudden pitch down to vertical with no elevator control when switched to SAFE mode. However if the pitch change is moderate but controllable, then consider this scenario: In the "beginner" mode, the gyros built into the receiver limits pitch and bank angles and adjust the pitch angle to automatically climb at full throttle, cruise at half throttle and descend (glide) at low throttle. If the elevator pitch trim setting is not where it needs to be, say too much nose down, the "beginner" mode will apply what ever "up" elevator is needed to achieve a pitch attitude that is appropriate to the throttle setting for climb, cruise or glide. Switching to "intermediate" mode turns off this automatic pitch adjustment function. This results in the airplane reacting to the elevator setting at "neutral". Get an experienced fly to properly trim out the airplane using the "advanced" SAFE setting and then try the 'beginner" and "intermediate" modes to see if that cures your pitch down problem.