Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Phoenix Models Boomerang 60? >

Phoenix Models Boomerang 60?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Phoenix Models Boomerang 60?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Models Boomerang 60?

I’m about to return to flying after a gap of about 14 years, and am looking to buy a new plane to re-learn on. Pressures of life back then made me give it away before I was very good. I never got my Bronze Wings back then. I had an old Seagulls Model Boomerang 40, nitro.

As I now returning to the hobby I have been looking at suitable trainer type planes, and have considered a lot of various high wing models, but now settled on the Phoenix Models Boomerang 60 as a likely candidate. It’s bigger than the old B40 by about a foot or so, which may give me slightly more stability in higher winds. The B60 also has flaps that may allow for slower landings.

I would very likely go electric this time and avoid the glow/nitro options. And this in itself is a whole new barrel of fish for me!

Does anyone know this plane, and would it be a good re-entry point?