Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Glue Questions >

Glue Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Glue Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glue Questions

This is a follow up to a thread I saw in the CLUBHOUSE forum.

How do you tell when CA is out of date/old? Is there a quick test you can do?

The other forum was discussing which brand is prefered, and the major answer was it did not matter aslong as it was fresh.

I have CA that has been on the workbench for about a year. Should I toss it and buy new?

If freshness is so important why not put a use by date on the bottle? (got milk?)

Thanks for the help!

Ron
Old 05-09-2002, 02:31 AM
My Feedback: (6)

Default Glue Questions

If it sticks........Use it. I use ZAP and have seen it get thick over time. The only times I have ever seen this is when there was only a little bit in the bottom. If it gets thick but is still runny enough to use I use it but not on anything that is really really crucial..........John
Old 05-09-2002, 03:32 AM

Default Glue Questions

with ca glue if you turn the bottle over and it doesn't move trash it. You can put your ca in the freezer and it will last for years and not go bad.
Old 05-11-2002, 06:09 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Glue Questions

Generally what I've found with older CA glue is that the thin turns to medium, and medium turns thick. If it comes out of bottle decently use it, just make sure it cures before you release your assemblies. This is where there seems to be a diff as well, it will take a bit longer to dry too. And as someone said, if you turn bottle over and get little to none out......toss it.