Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

3 channel setup question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

3 channel setup question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 09:30 PM
RichD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 channel setup question

Doing some research, plus it being winter time, so I am thinking of getting something like an Aerobird 3 chan to fly around instead of the nexstar for now. I definately plan on getting the nexstar this spring atleast.

My question is this... how hard would it be to go from using 3 channels then going to a 4 chan system? Sitting here thinking about it, I dont think it would be all that hard.

Your thoughts?
Old 12-14-2003, 10:17 PM
Rotcivv17
Banned

Default RE: 3 channel setup question

Hi!
Well the Aerobird is an awesome plane, but if you're a beginner, I would reccomend the Commander. The aerobird is more for the experienced pilot. I starteed with the Firebird XL, great little guy. What I didn't like was the fact that to alter pitch you alter throttle. Another choice for you would be to get the sim (Real Flight G2) and practice on it all winter and then get the Nexstar on spring. It will be a breeze afer all that practice. Advantages of the sim over the Commander?:
1. You don't have to go outside to "fly".
2. You don't have to go through repairs when u crash.
3. With the simulator you won't have an "afternoon chilling, flying with the guys at the field", but then again there's nobody's flying, cos it's winter (I dont have that problem, I live in Puerto Rico .
4. You will learn the correct stick movements with the simulator because the Commander's transmitter is a lot different than a conventional 4 channel +.
I would personally stick with the sim, its a great tool and it's helped me a lot, I am learning 3D and it has saved me a lot of time and cash on repairs. Just my $0.02. Let me know if you want more info on the sim or electric plane. Happy Holidays!
Victor
Old 12-14-2003, 10:33 PM
TerrellFlyer

Many years ago we started on 3ch then stepped up to 4ch,it's easy no problem. the problem is going from a slow electric to a fast glow,so in the transcation get the planes with out to much handling difference and you'll have no problems.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:04 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll go with what rotcivv17 said, if you're going to spend money, you're much better off getting the G-2. It will give you much more useful information and skills than a 3 channel electric.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:06 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Aerobird is a great plane. I have lots of flights on mine.

I moved onto sailplanes from that

I fly with single stick and dual stick radios. No problem!