Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

kavan engine

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

kavan engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 12:49 PM
kurtzlut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kavan engine

Does anyone have any information about kavan engines. I am having trouble getting it started. There is a spark but it never ignites.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: kavan engine

While I only know the name Kavan from years ago, I cannot give advice reference Kavan engines. However I have been able to pick up some nice deals along the way from people who tried to see what was inside their engines, and even engines that were shipped from factory, improperly set up.

Things to look for.

Head on properly directed, especially if a baffled piston. Found a few replaced backward.

BIGGIE: Cylinder liner rotated so the bypasses do not line up properly. Even found one that the **examiner** had filed off the small fitting horn so he could put it in backward. Determination for sure! Some engines do not have such a horn and it is easy to replace a cylinder liner in error.

Carburetors: Many love to see what is inside, thus getting spray bar, etc out of alignment. The Kavan Carb some 30 years ago was a bit ahead of its time, yet I do not recall the specific details.

"Work properly" covers many things. What are your symptoms. If not familiar with Glow engines, what fuel, what ignition arrangement, propeller load, etc are you trying to use?
What did MECOA tell you?