Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

TT lazy Tiger .25

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

TT lazy Tiger .25

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 12:01 PM
goplaneman
My Feedback: (175)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT lazy Tiger .25

I am looking for a small plane that dosent need a lot of run-way and yet will be fun to fly. I have 10 acrs, but not much runway. This would be a second plane that I could fly around the house and not drive out to the field(it gets dark to early). I have a os.40la to put into it. Would like to know if this would work for what Im looking for[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 12-22-2003, 12:19 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: TT lazy Tiger .25

HI GOPLANEMAN! I fly off of my own property at times. I just don't use landing gear. A strip of spruce on the belly will keep the balsa from crushing. Hand launch at full throttle with a level toss and don't climb until you are sure you have enough airspeed.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:42 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

goplaneman, I had one of those Lazy Tigers and it was a blast. I powered mine with an OS .40 FP, and it was perfect....the LA should be about the same. Unfortunately, it only led a short life before it was destroyed in a mid-air. I definitely didn't need much room to take off.....but landings were different....it doesn't want to come down.....it just keeps floating. Also, it will have a tendency to nose over on a grass field....bend the gear forward if you get this plane.
The plane that I have that is most capable of short field take-off's and landings is my Hangar 9 Ultra Stick. With the flaps and a little headwind, you can bring it down in about 40 feet easily.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Crashem

World models Happy Fly 20 Small semi Symetrical high wing plane needs about 30-40ft to take off with an OS FP-.25 is fun to fly and with some practice can land in a confined field.

Electric parkflyers like the GWS P-51 and Corsair also make great small field choices
Old 12-23-2003, 05:12 AM
goplaneman

Well the fun Fly take a LA 40?
Old 12-23-2003, 08:31 AM
Crashem

ORIGINAL: goplaneman

Well the fun Fly take a LA 40?
You would have to check it might make it too heavy. I know that it was a great little plane with a .25
Problem with small planes is that they need small engines otherwise you can get them to heavy and the landings become hot
Old 12-24-2003, 08:32 AM
goplaneman

Who sells the Happy fly? I really havent been able to find it. I only found one thread on the plane here on RC.[sm=sunsmiley.gif]