Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

.20 engine for Warbird Combat?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

.20 engine for Warbird Combat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 01:17 AM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .20 engine for Warbird Combat?

I'm looking to get info on good quality .20 size engine for a 1/12 Warbird combat plane. PICA style lazer cut planes. Any sugestions would be help. Also if you know prices Thanks ALL
Old 12-24-2003, 11:33 AM
WCB

Default RE: .20 engine for Warbird Combat?

Im using a TT .25 GP on my World Models Aircombat series P47. Around $60. Decent littel engine.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:56 PM
TerrellFlyer

on my planes of this size I use TT or OS.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:58 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want the most power, go with the MVVS .21 However, it is a little more expensive and can be a little tempermental to run. Also, K&B and Fuji make a .21 size. You can get the Fuji from www.mecoa.com I have not run either of those though.

OS and TT make a .25 size, which I think is legal for some classes of combat I think. Magnum makes a .25, and sometimes I see Magnum .21's for sale on Ebay, but I never see a Magnum .21 in any ads or catalogs, so I not sure what the deal is with that.

I too would like to get into scale combat and I would like to use a Magnum. They are cheaper than MVVS, run as well as OS or TT. I have had durability problems with OS (peeling cylinder wall) and carburator problems with TT's. I have had a couple MVVS engines and they pull like a monster! Maybe someone can report on the K&B's and Fuji engines?
Old 12-25-2003, 02:41 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eeesh! I'm a little behind the curve. Just checked that web site and K&B doesn't make the .20 size any more. They do have the .18 though. And the Fuji engine? They want $175 for it!! Little much for me! MDS makes an .18, might be worth a shot.

I think I'll go with the MVVS if I have to have a .21 Around $80 without a muffler. And the Magnum for a .25 size. Around $60 with muffler.

That's my .02
Old 12-25-2003, 09:31 AM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Yea I've seen the .25's our club is going to restrict us to .20... I have to get with them and see if the .21 is legal or if I will have to go to the .18... I haven't found any one who sells the K$B .18 ? Some of the guys at the club rave about the older K&B .20 . I'll have to do a little more resurch... I want as much power as I can get without spending a fortune!!!