Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

swap meets

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

swap meets

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 01:47 AM
slopeboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap meets

Hi! If you are just getting started in RC. I suggest you go to all the airplane swap meets in your area. And deal!
You can get already built trainers and scale planes, radio gear,etc. etc. At bargain prices. I went to a slope fly and got two scale slope planes For $40.00
Late! ( Mines always in the sky!)
Old 12-26-2003, 01:57 AM
Dewalt17

Default RE: swap meets

I too live in sunny So. Cal., where are the airplane swap meets you are talking about??? I would love to go check em out!!
Old 12-26-2003, 02:29 AM
Banned

I've been to lots of computer and motorcycle swap meets. I was looking through the magazine you get for free? with your AMA membership. There are lots of swap meets listed in the back of it that are close to me, even in the middle of the winter in Michigan! There's a lot more of them listed that are in The People's Republic of Kalifornia. You are an AMA member and get the free? magazine right Mr. Dewalt17? - Joe
Old 12-26-2003, 08:55 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the AMA magazine, which is included in the cost of membership , will have dozens of listings for swap meets and RC auctions within driving distance of you.

I go to them frequently and have bought many of my airplanes at auctions. Latest acquisition was a "Right Flyer 25", a 25 size trainer, with an engine, radio equipment with a 6 channel transmitter, even charged battery packs, all for $60.00.
Dennis-
Old 12-26-2003, 09:20 AM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Well, since you asked, Our swap meet is on Feb 15, at the Owosso campus of Baker College, and we have 165 tables of goodies. It's one of, if not the largest, swap meets in Michigan...PM me if you need information or are interested in renting a table.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Hey, DB, can you tell me the time of the next swap meet? I'm interested in selling my 6YG and buying a 6XAs.
Old 12-26-2003, 09:46 PM
DBCherry

David,
I'd have to check the AMA magazine because I'm not immediately aware of anything coming up soon.

There is a HUGE RC auction in CT. around late January, mid-February. It's held in a school, stuff set up in the cafeteria, sold in an adjacent auditorium. In the caf. are probably 10 rows of eight foot tables, 6 or 8 tables in each row. To top it off, each table has a second table on top of it. There are airplanes and stuff on the floor under the tables, and on both levels of tables. (Figure that out. It's about a half MILE of RC stuff laid out. )

I'll warn you though. Standard, non-computer transmitters bring very little money, even brand new. You might not get an offer over $30 for your 6YG. [] Sorry.

Then, at the end of February there's the WRAM Show in White Plains, New York. This is a HUGE dealer show that goes on for 3 days. It's loaded with new stuff, and you can often get good deals on kits and parts. (Like servos, extensions, battery packs, etc.) Start earning some money, we're only a month or so away from the auction, two away from the WRAM Show. [8D]
Dennis-
Old 12-27-2003, 12:15 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Too bad about the 6YG. That's ok though, I'm taking the SAT's very soon, if I get above a 700 in math or a 700 in verbal, I get $500!!! If I get them both (a score of 1400 or above total) I get $1000!!1 (It's called the Ksomething award, for 7th graders!!!)

I'm gonna ask my mom to let me spend all that $$$ instead of doing whatever else I'm SUPPOSED to do with the money

That is, If i get the award. (On practice tests I got a 1390, 1490, and a 1450!!!)

Then I'll be set for RC for another three years (about 1 warbird (either spitfire, f4u, FW190, bf109E or F, P51, or maybe even a German Natter Jet w/ a ducted fan!!! (I hope someone RCs this!) in there $450 w/ either 61 or 91 4-stroke, COMPUTER RADIO. 3d plane 61 4 stroke for like $300!! Clipped Wing Piper cub $300w/ 4stroke possible?!?? !!!!) Swap meets ahoy!!!! More planes to ya!!!

That was a long post for me! :-)
Swap meets ahoy!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 04:57 PM
DBCherry

David,
Great scores on the practice SAT's! I have a feeling there's money in your future.

I think you should put half of it away towards college though. [sm=lol.gif]

Have you talked with your folks about letting you shovel snow around the neighborhood? (If we get any more.)
Dennis-
Old 12-27-2003, 06:19 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Yepp. Gonna have to get my parents to drive me to the Holden/Paxton/(Anyplace where people actually HAVE driveways) border.

Don't you hate living in apartments in a bad part of the city!
Old 12-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Joe123s

i live in mass and was wondering where an when some shows are that are near by...thanks
Old 12-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Where's Tyngsboro?

Welcome to the "I'm From Mass Too!" Boat.

Is it remotely near Worcester?

I am near worcester.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:32 PM
DBCherry

David,
You must have 3 deckers with driveways around you; and I KNOW there are cars parked on the street. Walk around the neighborhood with shovel in hand. When you see someone shoveling, offer to help or finish for them, but agree on a price first. That's how the kid's that I "hired" did it.

And yes, I hated living in the city. Which is why we sold the 3 family we'd owned for 16 years (off Lincoln Street). [&:]
Dennis-