Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Will it fit??? Evolution TPS / Tutor Trainer 40

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Will it fit??? Evolution TPS / Tutor Trainer 40

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 08:04 AM
stubthumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will it fit??? Evolution TPS / Tutor Trainer 40

Hey up,

What it is I've got an Evolution Trainer Power System engine and I was wondering before I go out and buy my first trainer (probably going to be a Tutor Trainer 40)...

1. Will this engine fit into a Tutor Trainer 40?

2. If not, why not, and which plane would be best for this particular engine?

3. Are all the engines out there fitted with "standard" mounting fixings or do you have to mod each time you get a new engine or plane?

Lots of question, I know, any help would be most appreciated.

Ta,

Stubthumb
Old 12-26-2003, 08:26 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Will it fit??? Evolution TPS / Tutor Trainer 40

I'm not familiar with the Tutor, but that engine should fit any 40 size trainer. (You may have to notch the side of the fuselage for the muffler or needle valve, but I doubt it.

If the trainer is an ARF it will likely come with a "plastic" type engine mount. Any 40 size mount will require you to drill mounting holes for your particular engine. (Except maybe a "clamp" typ mount.) Virtually all of these mounts will need to be mounted to the firewall with bolts and blind nuts, also called "T" nuts by some.

Your best bet would be to find a local flying club and talk with people there. Flying these things is no where as easy as you might think, and if you try it alone, you WILL crash it and possibly destroy it.

Spend some time here and read old "Beginners" threads. There's a LOT of valuable information, and answers to most of the questions you'll have.

Welcome, and Good Luck,
Dennis-
Old 12-26-2003, 09:00 AM
stubthumb

That explains that then... Just a matter of drilling and trimming here and there.

There's just so much to learn about, and one question always leads to 10 others!

But as you said there is a lot of useful info in the beginners forum - just a matter of digging it out.

Thanks very much,

Stubthumb
Old 12-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Great deals on Blind nuts at Spags!! Five cents each, look in hardware dept., Called Tee Nuts (As DB said). I go and ask the guy at the store for blind nuts and he's like blind nuts?!?! Can they not see or something? Can they not lead other blind nuts? Are they nutty blind thingies?

But I found it in a drawer.