Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Help Needed for a Newbie

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Help Needed for a Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Patchlander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed for a Newbie

Hi all
wow this is one massive forum!!!

i'm new to RC and only got a JP Electra Fun as a Toy to see if the bug bites, which it has.
anyway i have just bought a PICOLO Helicopter which all is fine.

in my great haste i went to a swapmeet and bought a Europa mc 1020 TX without reciever hopeing i could use it with the picolo.
all that happens is NOTHING! the guy showed me the TX working yet i cant get it working with the Picolo ever with the same crystals.
so maybe incompatible reciever?

any help would be appreciated and the second question is which RX should i buy for this TX.

hope you can help
Old 12-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Combat Addict

Default RE: Help Needed for a Newbie

Well, I don't know much about helis, but if you haven't I would recommend flying airplanes first. Just like full scale pilots do b4 they fly helis.
I don't know anything about the type of radio, but make sure the crystals are on the same frequency. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:01 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Europa isn't seen in the states, at least I haven't seen one in my eight years. Aircraft in the states is 72 mHZ, ground vehicles are usually 27. I think in the UK you're on 53(?) for aircraft, is that the transmitters frequency? A Futaba transmitter will not work with a JR receiver, you may also have a similar problem.

And I agree, helis are really very hard to fly, so learning on a plane is good advice. A crash with a heli usually results in costly repairs, and while I know the Picolo i a small, light weight heli, I'm guessing it'll still be pretty difficult.

Welcome to RC Universe. It's a great place. You should probably post your question in the helicopter forum though.
Dennis-
Old 12-29-2003, 01:12 AM
FrogTwat

From what the guys at the club recomend you should learn one OR the other with helis you fly the "nose" of the helli and if you try to use the same method in planes ... well.... matchstick ??????? saw it happen the bloke is a master heli pilot picked up the plane took off and tried to turn like his heli and "slipped" it into a tree !!!!

Then again there are always going to be conflicting theories.... DUDE MAKE IT YOUR CHOISE !!!!!
Old 12-29-2003, 03:01 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

I hope one of your U.K. friends will answer your Rx question.
My suggestion is if you have a current pooter at home, order the Great Planes G2 RC sim. and practice with it. The program has both the copters and planes to help learn. The $200.00 US is well worth the money.
I've been flying fixed wings for over 30 years and tried a Kyosho EP copter; it was a humbling experience.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:28 AM
Combat Addict

There are some guys at our club that fly helis, I have never tried. However I do have a friend that does. He is better at helis then planes. Can't understand it. I would say to start off with planes.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:53 AM
michaelcaldwell121

im a newbie as well and if people come here can you help me does anyone know where to get get cheap parts for an ElectraFun Jp

RC fan Michael Caldwell