Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Is the Watt-Age Cessna 180 EP RTF a good first plane?...

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Is the Watt-Age Cessna 180 EP RTF a good first plane?...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 01:34 PM
coolcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Watt-Age Cessna 180 EP RTF a good first plane?...

Im looking at the Cessna 180 EP RTF for my first RC plane. Im going to teach myself, and im going to be using a "semi-small" field to fly in. Here is the link of where im probably going to buy it: [link=http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/128309.asp]http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/128309.asp[/link], THANKS A TON!

Thanks a gain,
cool CAT
Old 12-29-2003, 03:00 PM
wrongwaywayne

Default RE: Is the Watt-Age Cessna 180 EP RTF a good first plane?...

I tried to learn to fly with electric park flyers - it just doesnt work. The planes are too small and hard to control. They do not withstand any sort of impact with the ground. Once they do - and they will, the control surfaces will be misaligned and wont fly straight. I gave up after destroying 2 electric planes. I joined a local club with a training program, bought a glow powered airplane (Kadet) and have nerver looked back. That was a year ago. It took me about two months before I was landing and taking off on my own.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:14 PM
Balsa

^wrong.

The Aerobird from hobby zone will help you do all these things, its strong, aerobatic yet stable, has good duration and is easy for a beginner to fly.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:02 PM
wrongwaywayne

^WRONG

I think Aerobirds are only toys. The radios and servos are not compatible with normal RC equipment. They don't use proper channels. You won't be able to use them in your next plane. The v-tail has no elevator, engine is used for climbing and in a breeze they will fly out of radio range. The "thumb" skills you learn can not be transfered to a regular trainer.

Tell me what does a beginner learn from this???
Old 01-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Not to bash those Electric Flyers out there, but I'm kinda wondering why people buy Electric planes, when a Similar-sized and powered electric plane costs so much more than their Glow counterparts, plus you have to invest so much more in batteries.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:13 PM
john 8750

Electric is the way to go. You need the right plane. The Slow stick is a great trainer, cost 35 bucks. It includes motor, prop, wheels, and all hardware. And you can fly it in almost any park. No gas set up can beat this.