Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Maidened and it feels good -avistar-

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Maidened and it feels good -avistar-

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 12:19 PM
fasterthanlife
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maidened and it feels good -avistar-

got about 4-5 flights (to excited to keep track) on my new RTF avistar. The throws were already perfect. I just flew left hand circuits with a few right turns mixed in. He only had to take it like 1-3 times when it was heading to the sun or a car was passin.. And I took off twice. this was also on a cement road. in the middle of a cane feild with ditch on either side. Oh it feels gooodddd. I will probally be landing on a grass runway for the first few times. all of this and my instructor just turned 14. He's an awsome pilot. He just got a F4U corsair for christmas.

I'll download some in flight pics later.

I'm hooked
Old 12-30-2003, 12:24 PM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Maidened and it feels good -avistar-

Totally cool. 14 year old Instructor. Awesome. I'm 53 and this hobby makes me feel 14. Congratulations.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:00 PM
rcflyer13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maidened and it feels good -avistar-

Yeah, I know what you mean, I just got an Avistar as well, and it does fly like a dream doesn't it? I belong to a club in South Atlanta, Ga. and we have a grass and asphalt strip (approx. 500 ft each) and I was this last Sunday and was taking off and landing in about a 9-10 mph wind pretty much straight dwn runway and it was a thrilling time. It was my first takeoffs and landings. Had one little bad takeoff and broke a prop and popped off the end cap. Just CA on the end cap and a new prop and was back up in 5 or 6 minutes. Let me know how your flights are going.