Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

XEC Diversion Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

XEC Diversion Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 05:52 PM
bribri543

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XEC Diversion Problem

I don't know if anyone else has had thi problem, but my brother just got his Megatech Diversion from hobby-lobby today. I read through the instructions for him and started to cycle his batteries as the instructions said. Everything went fine but only for three charges. On the fourth attempt, the charge worked fine, but for no reason at all the left engine just died. I think that this is because of a cheap motor... It came with three different battery packs and none of them made any difference. It turns and flies by digital proportioning and it needs borth engins to work. It seems that the motor is not getting enough volts for it to run correctly and I know I havent done anything wrong because I am perfect .

Has anyone else had this problem? I have called tech support but the genius up at their office decided to only hire 1 guy for tech support and he left early today, I'm really mad about that, so now I have to wait till Friday to call him. Any info on this problem would be great to have, but it seems like it is unfixable.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:56 PM
philip5488

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XEC Diversion Problem

the battery had been depleted so there was not enough juice to power both props.

or you lost the signal. one prop will run when the radio is off and the batteries are weak.

be careful not to touch the antenna too much as the oil from your skin will cause interference.

charging with a nimh charger before you leave for the flight is best and then top off the battery just before flight.

the little batteries are like capacitors in the way that they just deplete themselves as they sit.

i'm getting about 6 minutes from mine.

you can get larger capacity 1/3 aaa cells but, it's not worth the hassle.

the support pack has an extra battery and nimh's for the radio. if you add everything up it's much cheaper than getting the cells individually and then the battery holder.

i charge all my cells with a nimh charger.

check your radio and make sure there is not a loose battery door. they replaced my radio because of that. no matter what i did i had to push the door to make contact.

cool little plane!

philip s.

[email protected]