Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

[b]beginners checkout these great deals on ready to fly rc airplanes![/b]

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

[b]beginners checkout these great deals on ready to fly rc airplanes![/b]

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 11:17 PM
e6074

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [b]beginners checkout these great deals on ready to fly rc airplanes![/b]

The following are great deals on RTFs I found to help out the beginners.

www.parkflyers.com
Wattage Corsair RTF
Features:
· 3 channel control system (motor speed, rudder and elevator)
· Included Mode II 4 channel FM 27Mhz radio control system
· Included rechargeable flight battery
· Included 2.5 Hour AC (110v) charger
· Molded from durable plastics and foam
· Replacement parts available
· Extensive help and customer service department and resources
· Quiet Electric flight, safe to fly in any large open field

Specifications:
Wing Span: 34.75 inches Wing Area: 175 sq. in. Length: 21 inches
Weight: 17.5 ounces
Wing Loading: 14.5 oz/sq. ft.
www.parkflyers.com price:$169.99

Watt-Age J-3 Cub
www.parkflyers.com $119.99
Only minutes from the box to your first flight. E-power park flyer 98% ready-to fly. All you need is 8 AA batteries.

Includes: Elite 3 Channel radio featuring proportional rudder and elevator control and motor on/off switch.

Wattage - J-3 Cub 180 This is an easy flying, sporty scale trainer for first time or experienced pilots. It is small field capable and easily transported because its wingspan is only 27inches. Extremely prefabricated: even the radio receiver, the servos, and motor controller are factory installed for you. Included, right in the box- Ready to fly foam & plastic construction airframe. Factory installed Wattage Elite 3 Channel radio featuring battery eliminator circuitry, proportional rudder & elevator control & motor on off switch. Factory installed Wattage 180 DD motor, AC type battery charger, 5-cell NiCd rechargeable battery, Tough, custom molded nylon propeller, Very lightweight foam tires.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:59 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: [b]beginners checkout these great deals on ready to fly rc airplanes![/b]

I certainly wouldn't call that Wattage Corsair a good "Beginner's" plane, and while the Cub might be okay, I wouldn't recommend it without knowing whether or not the receiver and servos would work in a second plane. Is it a single or dual conversion receiver? I'm betting it's single conversion, which won't work in a "glow" powered plane due to their very limited range. They also can't be used safely at a club field where other transmitters are being used. []

The Cub is a good price and may be comparable to the GWS Cub. If it is similar to the GWS Cub, it IS a nice Park Flyer and similarly priced.
Dennis-
Old 01-01-2004, 01:25 AM
e6074

Default RE: [b]beginners checkout these great deals on ready to fly rc airplanes![/b]

The corsair's electronic components can be removed and placed in another...i know I've had one. Now its radio system and servos are in my EP Cruiser. As for the cub I'm not sure.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:44 PM
twostroke
My Feedback: (6)

Looks to me like this is more of a advertisement then a topic for discussion..
Old 01-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

I have not heard of FM radios on 27mhz, but there might be... i dunno I thought AM radios were on 27mhz. Isn't 27MHZ for surface?
Old 01-01-2004, 10:22 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

27 mHZ is okay for both surface and air, but is considered a "toys" channel because every RC "toy" made is on 27 mHZ. Radio Shack $20 RC cars are on 27 for example. So some kid could shoot down your plane while playing with his car.

AM and FM have nothing to do with the broadcast frequency of the transmitter. AM use to be popular for RC planes, but FM has a bit better "filtering", so is more reliable.

A 27 mHZ radio will also have much more limited range, like on the order of 400 to 500 feet instead of a mile.
Dennis-
Old 01-02-2004, 02:08 AM
Banned

They look like ok little electrics for backyard stuff, but for the same price I could probably pickup a real glow trainer at our club, or else at a show. I'm sure that electrics are lots of fun, and very useful. It's just that the cheap ones make me want to scream "IT"S A TOY!" Some of the electric Spad's are very cool! - Joe
Old 01-02-2004, 12:29 PM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

*cough* advertisement *cough*