Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Sig Kadet Sr. Plans >

Sig Kadet Sr. Plans

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sig Kadet Sr. Plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Kadet Sr. Plans

Hi all,

I am new to this hobby and I have decided to scratch build a Trainer. After doing some research and reading posts in RCU I have decided to build a Sig Kadet Sr. But I don't have any plans with me. It would be very helpful if someone is willing to send me a set (or a file), if you have a spare. Any other plan of a good slow trainer would also be fine.

Thanks,

Sameer
Old 02-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Banned

Default RE: Sig Kadet Sr. Plans

The EASIEST set of plans for you would be for the SPAD "Debonair."

www.spadtothebone.com has the plans for that aircraft and also a "SPAD" version of the "LT-40" (another of Sig's great trainer designs)

The material for these models is what is commonly called "Coroplast" here (may have a different trade name in your area...) It is sort of like cardboard made of plastic.

You can build these from cardboard too... it works. [8D] Paint cardboard with a water based polyurethane (first 2 coats very light then 2 more normal coats) and that will make it fuel resistant enough to last a year or two. You can also spray paint cardboard with most enamels and if given 3 days to cure after the last coat... it will resist glow fuel. (automotive grade paints work better than some others)

Scanning the plans for the Kadet Sr would be difficult... its HUGE! I have the plans. The reasembly of the multi-part scans could introduce a lot of errors in the airplane.

Something easy and inexpensive to build would be a better choice for a first scratch-built project.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:59 PM

Having built 5 Kadet Sr's I would suggest that you go to your LHS and purchase the kit. I can't help but believe that you will save time and money, and have the plans and a very good instruction book to help you. Otherwise call Sig and order a set of plans from them.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:23 PM
My Feedback: (1)

If you are really adamant about the scratch build, give [link=http://www.sigmfg.com/]Sig[/link] a call. just ask to purchase the plans. I bought the 4*40 and the 4*60 for around $20 (for both sets).

Enjoy the hobby.

Askalon
Old 02-19-2004, 05:13 PM
My Feedback: (197)

There is a set on ebay right now. www.ebay.com

Item number: 3176921920
Old 02-20-2004, 06:39 AM

Hi,

captjckirk, the place I live does'nt have well stocked hobby shops. This hobby isn't much popular here compared to your place.

mnrcaerobat, I saw the item i ebay, and have e-mailed to the seller regarding shipping costs. As Askalon advised I checked out the Sig website. I think it is cheaper at Sig. Since I live in United Arab Emirates, my problem will be the shipping costs.

RCU is great.

Thanks
Sameer
Old 02-20-2004, 03:47 PM

Sorry about missing your place of residence, should have looked more carefully. You will enjoy the Kadet Sr. It is a great plane. Good luck, and keep us informed on your progress. Joe
Old 02-21-2004, 05:01 AM

Hi Joe,

A friend of mine has offered me a plan for Great Planes PT-40. Which one would be easier to start off with, the Kadet or PT-40. I mean, which one is worth building. Your experince and suggestion would be valuable.

Sameer