Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What plane is just like this?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What plane is just like this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Wufnu
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What plane is just like this?

I posted this in the "ARF or RTF" forums and didn't get a reply, so I figured I'd post it here as well in case someone else might know.

----------------

The FMS R/C simulator is free, and I've been playing around with it and all the models I've downloaded. If any of you are using the current build of it, you probably know what I mean by the "Slowfly."

I've been searching for a plane the past couple days, something for me to play around with in the yard, and the Slowfly is exactly the type of plane that I want. It most resembles a slow stick, but is has ailerons built in. The Slow Stick I have considered, but I prefer elevator and aileron control (or all three) instead of elevator and rudder.

Basically, what I'm asking is, do any of you know of a plane that most closely resembles the Slowfly in the FMS simulator (without me having to do custom building)? I want it.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:00 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What plane is just like this?

To my knowledge, any of the small electrics that have ailerons are pretty fast planes. The slow flyers all tend to have elevator/rudder for a reason. With rudder and dihedral the plane will still turn fine, but will fly slower and with more stability.

Take the dihedral out, add ailerons, and you almost have to fly faster. Ailerons become ineffective and can induce a stall when applied at slow speed. (Not a good thing. [])

There may be a couple out there, but I haven't seen them.

Adding ailerons to a Slow Stick would not be that difficult, but I'd suggest trying it stock first. FMS is NOT very realistic, and you might be pleasantly surprised by the flight characteristics of the Slow Stick.

Good luck, and have fun!
Dennis-
Old 03-20-2004, 09:54 AM
Wufnu
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What plane is just like this?

I knew it sounded too good to be true

I'm thinking about just making a gas SPAD trainer. Cheap fuel, cheap (converted) motor, cheap plane (that can take a beating, or be replaced for $10). As before, the most expensive thing is the radio equipment.