Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

monocote/ painting question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

monocote/ painting question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Snapperhead
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default monocote/ painting question

I have a question for the experts. Last year I built a GP extra 300 and covered it with monokote. But due to my inexperience, I took the easy way out and covered it in one color......yellow It looks pretty cool but I was thinking of adding a pattern to it. My question: is it easier to cut a pattern out of a different color piece of monokote. Or, is it easier to just invest in a paint gun and mask the areas you want to paint? On that note, is monokote paintable?

thanks for your help!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:17 AM
5_spot
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: monocote/ painting question

Yesterday i saw a all yellow plane and i thought it looked good but maybe kinda hard to see in the air until he turned it over then i saw something,on the underside of the wing he had another color scheme,real simple but it caught you eye,it was black strips,he cut black strips probably 2-3" wide and put three of them on each side of the wing running from the front to the flaps.I told him i liked that scheme and he thanked me for the compliment,just a idea for you but i'm sure about any color would work as long as it was a darker color.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:53 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Or you can paint it with fuelproof paint, but no need to invest in spray equipment. Try 21st Century paint by Black Barron, that's what I like to use.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:27 PM
SpeeDFX

minnflyer, is it better to use paint over monokote for patterns or is monokote over monokote the best. By "best" I mean how well it sticks and appears.