Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

iS this Radio ok??

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

iS this Radio ok??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 09:26 PM
sky_pilot_12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iS this Radio ok??

OK i recently found this steal of a deal and i wanted to make sure that i can get some feed back. OK the radio is a FP-T7UAF Seven Channel FM with a broken trainer switch. Its only gonna run me around 70 bucks and i really want this Radio. I lost on ebay so im dissapointed lol. BUt anyways is the trainer switch fixable and how much? thanks![8D]
Old 03-22-2004, 10:15 PM
forestroke

Default RE: iS this Radio ok??

How is that a steal? Does it include the rx, batteries and servos? Just trying to buy those separately could run you up a new set! For $70 bucks, it is just the tx is not good at all. Rather get a Futaba 6EXA 6-Channel FM/4 S3004 Servos for $180. That is a good deal and still a radio you can grow with.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:33 PM
sky_pilot_12

ITs a steal because i already got servo's, a 7 channel reciver battery, charger, etc. I have everthing i need except a 7 channel radio or higher. Thanks for the quik feedback tho. Its greatly appreciated!
Old 03-23-2004, 12:30 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I wouldn't say it's a steal for just the transmitter. I've seen the Futaba 6 EXA (nearly brand new) sell for $70 too. It's an okay price, but having a broken switch bothers me; it says something about the way the thing was treated.
Dennis-
Old 03-23-2004, 12:56 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

"having a broken switch bothers me; it says something about the way the thing was treated"

just what I was thinking, sky look around I think you could do better... replacing the switch is no big deal,however it will cost you around 6 bucks and require soldering to install. I have radio's that are over 8 years old... I quit using them when I got my 9C a few months ago,after 8 years they have no broken switches and look new if you can over look the small scratches here and there, in other words they were not ABUSED. There is a 7U Tx in the for Marketplace section of RCU right now for $100 with manual, programing book, Hitec receiver on CH52 listed in "great condition" that sounds like a better deal to me.

John
Old 03-23-2004, 03:13 AM
forestroke

Ditto that... something that has a broken trainer is probably not in good shape...

Also, you have no idea what the gimbals or batteries are going to be like.... ebay may not be the best place. Why not just the local flying club?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:16 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, that was my point John.

I've been flying for 8 years and still have my oiginal Tx (along with others), and it too is in perfect condition, save for those few scratches.
Dennis-
Old 03-24-2004, 08:38 PM
phread59

Now I am gonna go against the grain here. I have 2 of these radio's. They are really good units. I have a 9C and just the feel of the 7C's alone is much better than the 9. They feel more substantial. The 9C just seems to feel like it was made cheap. Anyhow I would try to get it but for less than the 70$ asking. E-mail the guy see if he will take less. The switch should be pretty easy to replace. I think they are a very good transmitter. But I think 70$ for broken trans is a little high. Good luck whichever way you decide to go.

Mark Shuman