Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

hinging

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

hinging

Old 05-02-2003, 06:41 AM
PROP-WASH
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hinging

in a recent ground pounding crash i had with my trainer most of the hinges on my elevator were tore in two.
what is the best way to replace them? [1] just scrape out the old one the best i can [seems a little weak there]
or can i cut out new ones next to where the old ones were and just leave the old holes there and trimm of the old halves of the broke hing. i want to do the right way not fly junk that i don't trust and not airworthy or safe.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2003, 09:42 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Default hinging

Your second thought is the way I would do it. Just move over to new wood and trim off the old ones.
later daveo
Old 05-03-2003, 10:27 AM
airmark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hinging

Ditto on Daveo's comments!

I had a 40 Duraplane in which I successfully replaced the aileron hinges (twice, on one wing) by simply shaving off the old remaining hinges and cutting new hinge joints into the trailing edge.

Mark in Missouri
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]