Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Futaba 9cap twin elevator servo question

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Futaba 9cap twin elevator servo question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Test`Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9cap twin elevator servo question

I'm in the process of finishing my warbird but i'm stuck on the elevator adjastments, this bird is set to use 2 servos for the elevator
i've set everything up and went back to the manual of the 9Cap to see how it's done.
this option is set as "CH2 and CH8 ONLY (With programmable mixing, could utilize CH5 as the 2nd elevator servo)"
I only have 7 channels on my reciever and would like to use it since the manual notes that i can use CH5 instead of CH8 and I don't really feel like spending $100 to get 8CH
but I can't figure out what they mean by "Programmable mixing"
was hoping that someone could help me solve this problem in simple english since I am still learning how to work this remote control.

and one more point while i'm at this, i've looked around for an 8CH reciever and the 8th channel is connecting where the battery does, how does that work?

Thanks for read and helping
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42437.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	119288  
Old 04-06-2004, 04:46 AM
SENZA

Default RE: Futaba 9cap twin elevator servo question

TEST- PILOT thats fuuny i just posted the same type of tread, im having the same trouble, I MUST HAVE BEEN TYPING IT WHEN YOU POSTED YOURS HAHA i also posted it in radio forum hopfully i can get some anwsers there two ......good luck ive been pulling my hair out lol .........BILL
Old 04-06-2004, 07:20 AM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Hello TEST PILOT,
you can still use the Futaba 127 & 128 recievers. Just use channel 2 & channel 7. The right Elev. servo will go in Ch.2 & Left Elev. in Ch. 7. Then go to your advanced menu and use a primix and slave channel 7 to channel 2.
Check with the futaba web site and fix how to do the programing or check search on RCU and you will find meny post on how to do the programing. It can be done.
NEDYOB
Old 04-06-2004, 10:28 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Test Pilot,

In regards to your 8th channel/ battery question- You would use a "Y" connector. One end goes to the servo you want to control with channel 8 and the other goes to the battery. If you don't need to use channel 8, just plug the battery directly into the outlet.

Also, the battery can be plugged into any open channel.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

On the R138 you can connect the battery in any available port, not just the bottom one.