Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Any comments on the world Model Sky Raider Mach II

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Any comments on the world Model Sky Raider Mach II

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Mauricez4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any comments on the world Model Sky Raider Mach II

i'm thinking of getting one.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default RE: Any comments on the world Model Sky Raider Mach II

Is it really $69.99? I read the review in FLYRC and it actually looks like a nice little plane for the money--

Try a search on here-

Cheers!
Old 04-07-2004, 11:54 AM
MOJO65-9or10

Default RE: Any comments on the world Model Sky Raider Mach II

Hey bud, I just got one a week or so ago and I am rather impressed with the kit. I have it nearly together and am really excited to fly it. I posted a brief summary from the FLYRC write up somewhere else here (sorry don't remember where- do a search). I am building mine with the new OS .46AX and a JR 6102 radio and I think it's going to be a great second plane. The covering job was perfect (no bubbles). I did only pay 69.99+sh and I feel it's a great deal. The only ploblems I have had are that the rudder control rod doesn't seam to slide thru its tube very smoothly. The other problem I had is that the two bolts that hold the rudder and elevator in place did not have the rudder parallel with the fuselage. I only used the fwd bolt and 30 min. epoxy to hold it together. It came out real solid. I am not sure actually if that was the right thing to do because after I read the FLYRC article it said that the plane had some left or right thrust built in and didn't need much rudder on takeoff so I may have screwed up with mine. Anyway the other thing to be careful of is installing the tail gear. Make sure you leave your self room for the control horn because they sit right next to each other. I made that mistake, but it was an easy fix (I used a different control horn). Anyway I do not have a ton of experience so take that in to consideration with what I've said but I do know that it is a lot nice built airplane than my tower hobbies .40 trainer is. Buying one would NOT be a mistake. ITS A REAL DEAL I THINK. Looks great in the Yellow scheme. The white scheme looks sort of dull. Best of luck if you get one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sm=RAINFRO.gif]