Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

First Flight

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

First Flight

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 01:44 AM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Flight

After waiting several weeks trying to find an instructor i was helped locate one from a user in this forum. after more waiting for a day that was not too windy, i got my Chance to have my first lesson. on arriving at the field the instructor was already there setting up his trainer after all the introductions he told me we would fly a dozen times before he would let me try to take off or land. anyway we got the aircraft in the air and after 3 dead-stick landings because of the engine quiting it was my turn to take control. he had me fly the plane in circles in front of myself which didn't prove to be difficult i managed good smooth turns and good level flight. i was told to try figure 8's which also didn't prove too difficult either. after 4 flights it was time to quit for the day and now I'm waiting for my next flight in 2 weeks time and cant wait i have never had such an experience it was awesome to be in control, I'm totally hooked next flight i will be trying take offs and landings. I'm happy i waited until i found an instructor and for the perfect day with little wind. i think it could have saved me a lot of money if i hadnt
Old 04-07-2004, 05:46 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Flight

Good deal and I hope you can solo so you can get out every time you are able.
Flying is a treat I wish I had gotten into 20 year ago!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:12 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63287.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	119614  
Old 04-07-2004, 10:07 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you are doing it right. Have a blast. Learn all you can. Its something you can do the rest of your life. [8D]