Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

How are the UCanDo's

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

How are the UCanDo's

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:48 PM
SENZA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are the UCanDo's

I just got a UCANDO .46 What do you all think? I installed a fx 46 what prop should i use.and will it hover?
Old 04-15-2004, 12:25 AM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: How are the UCanDo's

Hover with the FX .46... maybe, but it will be difficult. The onely prop that I know has a good chance is the APC 12.25X3.75. (which is a good 3D type prop for a .46 )

Its a light aircraft.. which will help. But its fairly large and heavy for hovering with a .46 2-stroke. Don't try low hovering until you find out if it has the power to pull up out of the hover. (or you may get caught in a low altitude stall-turn... which would need 50 ft below ground to pull out [&:])
Old 04-15-2004, 07:39 AM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bill, you forgot to mention the big tuned pipe we put on the u can crash. should be able to swing a large enough prop with it to maybe hover at full throttle, but you would get no vertical climb...we'll see sunday!

sean
Old 04-15-2004, 07:59 AM
hookedonrc

Mine is still in the box and I will start it as soon as I finish my SE kit. Most people that have them like them. Although I have heard complaints about the strength of the landing gear and the block. I plan to use my Saito 72 on it and most who know the plane, say it should be just right. And I will do the normal ARF mods that I do. Strengthen the firewall, strengthen the landing gear block, check all of the glue joints that I can and check the servo tray for strength.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:32 AM
smokingcrater

and check the servo tray for strength.
there is no servo tray. all control surface servos are mounted externally at the control surface. (well, i guess you could consider the mounting area the tray)

anyway, on my ucd46, that area is fine, no problems whatsoever. firewall is also strong. problem areas have been the dowel at the root of the wing coming loose, landing gear block breaking several times, even after initially being reinforced (landing gear itself is plenty strong), and problems breaking the horizontal stab from the fuselage. (reinforce this one well!)
Old 04-15-2004, 03:19 PM
hookedonrc

I thought that there is at least a servo tray for the throttle. Am I mistaken?....and yes, I will check the strength of all of the servo areas including the tail and wings.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:59 PM
SENZA

[8D]THANKS for the pointers guys ill find out sunday what this babe will do mabe i can post some pics
Old 04-15-2004, 10:13 PM
smokingcrater

I thought that there is at least a servo tray for the throttle. Am I mistaken?
yes, no tray for the control surfaces... the throttle is conventionally mounted inside.