Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Big Trouble with Chief Aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Big Trouble with Chief Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:51 AM
copster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Trouble with Chief Aircraft

I am relatively new to the hobby. I am currently building my 3rd airplane and recently had some trouble with Chief Aircraft. It started out fine when I made my original order. Then 2 days after, I was called and informed that half of my order could not be filled because Chief Aircraft will not be able to sell any Futaba or Great Plains products any more... I was shocked! but continued my partial order. When my shipment came in, my wing had a hole in it the size of a coke can. So, I called CA back, and they said the airplane I wanted they no longer have. I told CA that I would return the airplane and if they can credit me ASAP. No problem they said.. Well, 3 weeks later, still no money returned. I am getting the run around from Chief Aircraft.. I called, and I was hung up on for wanting to speak with the person that told me to call if my money was not returned. So, for all the people out there, beware! Something wierd is going on with CA, and I just wanted to warn others about this. []
Old 04-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Scott Claboe
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Big Trouble with Chief Aircraft

Thanks for the heads up.I hope they make things right!Sound sreally weird.I just made up a $3200 list for my 40% on chief.

scottC
Old 05-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Tailgunner-RCU

" Big Trouble with Chief Aircraft" Why?

It would not surprise me at all if the fact that they offered lower prices on Great Planes & Futaba equipment got them into trouble with Great Planes/Tower.

I used to think that "price fixing" was illegal, just call it "Minimum Advertised Retail Price and it's OK to do...........................
Old 05-21-2004, 08:39 PM
zetor
My Feedback: (2)

I thought price fixing was when everyone got together and and agreed to raised prices to a determined amount.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:36 PM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Copster,
When you call Chief back, ask for Dana. He'll let you know where your refund is. I've returned two things to Chief and it's taken anywhere from 30 to 45 days to see a credit on my card. It's pretty amazing how when you place an order, there is an almost "instant" charge on the card, but when it's a credit, it takes weeks or months. By the way, when did you talk to Chief about not carrying Great Planes products anymore?