Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Superstar CG

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hobbico Superstar CG

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Mxer82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Superstar CG

So they say 4 5/32" from the leading edge. Well with an os40la my plane is WAY nose heavy! Is this normal? About how much lead are you guys putting in the tails? Thanks'
Tim
Old 06-04-2004, 06:41 PM
Groucho fan

Default RE: Hobbico Superstar CG

Dear mxer, I own this airplane and never added any weight to it. Did you try moving the receiver and battery pack to the rear? Also are you checking with an empty fuel tank?
Old 06-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Groucho fan

I went back to my instructions, they say 3 5/8 in.-4 1/2 in from the leading edge. Try 3 5/8as a starting point for more docile performance.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:38 PM
jrpnde

Yesterday I posted a reply in another forum to someone with the exact same question. When I first got that plane I was amazed how extremely nose heavy it was when balancing the CG 4 5/32" from the LE. If you go to the Hobbico website and search down to their online manuals you will find one for that plane. The contradiction in the online manual with the one that's shipped with the plane is that the starting CG point IS something like 3 5/8" from LE. Even after moving the radio,etc. as far to the rear as possible it will still be slightly nose heavy (empty fuel tank too). But that's OK to start. With that plane (I assume its an ARF or RTF version) you shouldn't have to add weight to the tail. Move the CG to make the plane less nose heavy in small increments and adjust control throws as flying skill increases.