Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

OS .46 LA - pitts type muffler?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

OS .46 LA - pitts type muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 07:37 PM
tomlewis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .46 LA - pitts type muffler?

I am working on my second build, a sig 4 star 40 into which i'm looking at a cowl mod. Currently I have a boxed OS .46 LA and would like to use a pitts type muffler to avoid the unsightly zeppelin hanging out of the cowl.

It isn't too late to go to an FX but I'm not so interested in investing more in this particular plane as I hope number three will be a lifetime keeper and this one will get passed onto my now 6 year old as HIS second plane. So, anyone know of a pitts fit to a .46 LA?

Lastly, I've considered engine mounting entirely inverted which will hid it completely in the cowl, BUT I don't wish to invert to start. Ideally I'd like to fit an external connector for the glow battery to in turn wire to the glow plug. Any ideas? suggestions? manufacturers?

Thanks and all the best,

Tom Lewis
Athens, GA
Old 07-29-2004, 07:44 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: OS .46 LA - pitts type muffler?

I like the Hangar 9 remote glow setup. Just make sure you work the area where the ground wire will attach with some 320 grit first to get a good connection.

Andy
Old 07-30-2004, 01:14 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Look in the OS parts list on Tower. Often you will find that muffler extensions have the same number for different engines. I bought a muffler extension for a .46 LA that also fits other .46 size engines. If you find a match look up the Pitts style muffler lists for all the engines that can use a matching muffler extension. Perhaps a .46 SX or FX will have a muffler listed that is not listed for the LA. Failing that find a friend that has an SX or FX and try his muffler on your LA. If it will fit without alteration just get a Pitts for that engine.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:55 PM
phread59

TRy Slimline. Tower sells them. They should have one for it. If not Bisson sells lots of different Pitts mufflers. Good luck with the 4*.

Mark Shuman