Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

A noobs delight

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

A noobs delight

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Husko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A noobs delight

I lauched into the wind. I had the biggest grin on my face as i wached my beuitiful cub sail through the air. My smile grew larger as I exclaimed to myself how easy this is and how much fun the next 10 minutes are going to be. As if slow motion was turned off, my cub sped away at what seemed to be an alarming rate of speed. Everything was still going great but I was getting nervous because I had to turn. So nudged the stick to the right just a little bit. That beatifull little cub banked just a tad to the right. But it wasn’t enough and I was getting worried it was getting to far away. I gave the stick a bit harder nudge to the right and it started to loose altitude so I quickly pushed the stick towards me. It soared straight up. I threw the stick forward,… TO MUCH!!! Quickly pulled the stick all the way back and to the right to send it towards me. It stalled and started to nose dive.

All of this experience would have been educational until a baseball field fence decided to show up right where my lil cub was ending its nose dive. And BAM. RIGHT SMACK INTO IT NOSE FIRST

It was the most exciting 1.5 minutes of my life!!!!

and all this time i forgot to even touch the throttle. Not as much becuase i may be stupid but becuase i chocked

Nothing seems to be bent. I need a prop and nose cone for the parkzone j3 cub.

Anyone want to give me some advice so my next excursion might last a bit longer???
Old 01-03-2005, 04:50 PM
ScienceisCool
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: A noobs delight

Dont crash
Old 01-03-2005, 04:57 PM
hankpajari
My Feedback: (1)

The best advice I can give is to join a club and find an instructer. Your learning curve will be greatly shortened and your wallet will stay fuller

Some of the best parts of this hobby are the friends and social activities you will be part of.

Short of that I guess getting a flight sim would help but there really isn't a substitute for an instructer.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:14 PM
dicknadine

Lesson #1 do not fly by your self. #2 get help from someone who has experience. #3 join the local Model Flyin Club. ALL of the adds are NOT correct- no model airplane will fly by itself, right out of the box. dick
Old 01-03-2005, 09:59 PM
LuckyArmpit

I'll reiterate what the others said. Join a club and get an instructor!!! I flew electrics for 3 years. Got into glow last July. Joined club.
Got an instructor. Flew my H9 Arrow on buddy cord for 4 flights and then solo'd. Things happen very fast when the plane is at full throttle. On all my planes, full throttle for take off. As soon as plane takes off and starts to climb, I ease back on the throttle and start
a slow banked turn while still climbing.

Dave...
Old 01-04-2005, 05:17 AM
forestroke

And fly AWAY from fences :-)

No... I agree.... join a club. We are a strange bunch, we love helping others get hooked on the addiction... er... I mean hobby.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:23 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is so typical of a beginner.

Flying is not hard, but it is DIFFERENT from anything you have done before.

Get help, you'll be glad you did