Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Sig LT-40 ARF Right Wing

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Sig LT-40 ARF Right Wing

Old 01-29-2005, 02:15 PM
NJAIRSTRIKE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig LT-40 ARF Right Wing

I just finished the right wing, What do you guys think? I'm not sure if I did it right, I beleive I did.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:31 PM
ecmiller

Default RE: Sig LT-40 ARF Right Wing

It looks OK to me.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:45 PM
bryris

Default RE: Sig LT-40 ARF Right Wing

Its not bad for your first try. Did you angle that last W1 rib according to the dihedral guage? I cannot tell from the picture. If you didn't, its ok, but you'll have to build the wings with a flat dihedral.

Some of the ribs look like they are bent as they run from the leading to the trailing edge. One thing to keep in mind for the other wing, is that the paper plans that you are building your wing on will shrink or expand according to humidity. If you have to bend the rib to make it line up with the marks on the plans, don't do it. The ribs should be straight and 90 deg both vertically and in relation to the leading and trailing edges.

Also, it appears as thogh you've used too much thin CA glue. I cannot tell from the picture for sure, but looking at the inboard end of the wing, there is a lot of overflow glue. It doesnt take much glue to suit your needs.

One test you might want to try it to pick up the wing and hold it up to a wall or a similar flat surface. Since that it a flat bottom wing, the leading edge and trailing edge and the bottoms of all the ribs should be touching the wall. If one side touches and a gap exists somewhere else, then you might have a warp in the wing. Not a huge deal if it is minor, as any effects from this can be trimmed out in flight.

Other than those few points, it looks good.