Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

A Warning

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

A Warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:18 AM
john j m

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Warning

AWESOME !!!

Peace on the soccer fields? How about that we should send some of our “stars” to Iraq they should put the fear of the devil up the insurgents
Old 11-21-2005, 10:53 AM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: The Ghost
Seen these advitised in Australia also.
I haven't seen the Spitfire here in South Australia but I've seen a similar con job for an RC truck with glow engine. Like the Spitfire, it ends up costing about $2000 to complete it. But, being the cynical person I am , I suspect they know that virtually everyone will lose interest long before they're finished and they'll have made a fortune out of them from the magazine sales. You can bet that all the expensive parts (engine etc) will come in the final issues.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:49 PM
panzerd18

OMG $2000, what a rip job. I just entered the Hobby and for just over $1000 I got everything I needed, a trainer, OS .46AX a beautiful JR 2610 PCM and all the field equipment. I feel sorry for these people who get sucked into companies marketing ploys.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:11 AM
nut driver

Well more than 12 months on and 60 issues later it appears Deag have success with many Spitfire maiden flights going on all over the UK.

Quotes via other forums:

'shocked on just how well the model flies'

'Flies smooth with no vices and no signs of tip stall'

'So by all accounts the model is fine, fair play to those that have sought training and to Deag for producing a model that does work as it should and not be a major let down to those who have followed the build'

The simple fact remains that anyone can walk into a model shop, via ebay or privately and buy any type of flying model with no experience to fly such a model, the responsibility has to lie with the purchaser in being responsible and not ignoring advice, there is no way a shop is going to turn down a sale if a customer has no experience but has the cash.
A thought comes to mind that may come about in the future, some kind of legislation that unless you can prove you are at a certain level of expertise then you are not allowed to buy potentially dangerous RC product unless you have undergone some kind of basic training.
A similar thing has come about in the UK within the motorcycle industry, you now have to undergo compulsary basic training before you can ride on the road and then pass a test before you can progress to larger machines.

Time will tell....in Spain & Italy there is already on sale an RC Bi-Plane Steerman partwork series on the go with a .40 engine, so it does look like there is a demand for such partworks, it would also appear they are also getting more complex.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:02 AM
nut driver

Time will only tell on how many inexperienced pilots have gone it alone on this project with possible disasterous consequences.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:06 AM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: nut driver

A thought comes to mind that may come about in the future, some kind of legislation that unless you can prove you are at a certain level of expertise then you are not allowed to buy potentially dangerous RC product unless you have undergone some kind of basic training.
Ah, yes, more legislation and control by the government bureaucracies. Just what we need.

When RC products are outlawed only outlaws will have RC products.

When in doubt, legislate.

Regards,
doubledee
Old 07-19-2006, 06:52 PM
RC-Captain

Ah, yes, more legislation and control by the government bureaucracies. Just what we need.

Regards,
doubledee
Yea this is getting regoddarndiculous.........Why are people so worried about these small planes flying around in the air. Recently I flew on the real deal planes, REAL SIZE jets, and know one seemed to care about what would happen if one crashed God forbid. I know their is amount of safety needed to operate RC anything but to keep shinning light on rules and regulation is really putting a dampening on the hobby. Whats even more sad is the rules vary from club to club IE you can't fly jets, you can't fly heli's only electrics only gas or glow, the point I am trying to get across is when does it stop with the rules for flying RC airplanes. I am willing to bet soon enough you will need a license to buy one and fly one.

By the way the jumbo jet plane I was going to fly on had a compartment pressure problem. They were still going to fly the plane with out using that compartment until a balance problem came into the picture. So what should we really be worried about as far as aviation ?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nut driver

Well more than 12 months on and 60 issues later it appears Deag have success with many Spitfire maiden flights going on all over the UK.

Quotes via other forums:

'shocked on just how well the model flies'

'Flies smooth with no vices and no signs of tip stall'

'So by all accounts the model is fine, fair play to those that have sought training and to Deag for producing a model that does work as it should and not be a major let down to those who have followed the build'

The simple fact remains that anyone can walk into a model shop, via ebay or privately and buy any type of flying model with no experience to fly such a model, the responsibility has to lie with the purchaser in being responsible and not ignoring advice, there is no way a shop is going to turn down a sale if a customer has no experience but has the cash.
A similar thing has come about in the UK within the motorcycle industry, you now have to undergo compulsary basic training before you can ride on the road and then pass a test before you can progress to larger machines.

Time will tell....in Spain & Italy there is already on sale an RC Bi-Plane Steerman partwork series on the go with a .40 engine, so it does look like there is a demand for such partworks, it would also appear they are also getting more complex.

That must have really hurt when you pulled this thread out!!![X(]
Old 07-19-2006, 08:42 PM
KidEpoxy

Not to worry
If they ban RC Planes like they have banned marijuana, going on for 40years+, rc will be completely eradicated, right? No planes nobody no where no how.

Maybe that is what we need, ban RC like drugs. So 40 years from now we'll have 98% of teenagers experimenting with RC E-Flight. It's a GateWay Model that leads to more hardcore models like Acro or Scale addiction and the life of Glow Dependancy.