Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

my phobia

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

my phobia

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 12:34 AM
zachj1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my phobia

I think that there is a problem. whenever i fly my plane(aerobird), i get so scared, i freez up. The poblem is i am scared to get it to high or far away, so i usually crash, because i don't climb high enough!

I think the reason might be that i am 13, and don't have much money, so if i lose my plane, or brake it, it will be a LONG time before i can save up enough to repair it, ect. or i am taking it all to seriously.

i really would like some help to get over my problem!

thanks

zachj1212
Old 03-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Pilot Chad
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: my phobia

zach, Get down the whole thing in the other thread with using winds. When you can do that go in an open place (NO TREES!) and take her up. long as you have control you should be fine. just keep her around you.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Iturnright

Default RE: my phobia

Ah yes this was my problem too. After 1 year of flying my aerobird I had many flights, but only about 3 landings, one of which was just about acidental with a huge bounce. Well, in the past 1/2 year I found someone to help me fly, it was really helpful to throughly learn the basics. Since then I got a F-27 stryker and have had no serious crashes that were caused by my thumbs(some minor crashes and some very close pull outs). So therefore I would say the best thing to build confidence is to know you have support, and of course feeling that you have a plane capable of going where you point it. I must say that performance with the aerobird while reliable is not all it could be. So find someone to help you fly and you will be much more likely to suceed.

Of course some general tips for aerobird would include:

-unless your surfaces have no travel at all, never hold the stick over to one side for more than about 2 seconds(spin out will occur!)

-make sure your battery canopy is well secured(note my signature)

-if you are low and turning, especially towards you, just pull out! bashing the wingtips hurts.

-buy the 7cell hop-up battery, the stock charger is still capable of charging it.

Don't worry all that much about breaking the plane, wings and tails are affordable and easily repaired.