Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

which plane!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

which plane!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 01:15 PM
zachj1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which plane!

I have the aerobird challenger, And i can flyit very well. in fact, my flying friend/instructor said that he has never seen a Firebird/aerobird, fly so good before.

The radio that i am getting is the J-r 6102.
i am considering 3 planes ;

Wattage corsair-$36
wattage cessna 182-$100
Slow stick

What do you thinK i should get, and if you have any other recomendations, please feel free to give them.
thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: which plane!

ORIGINAL: zachj1212

I have the aerobird challenger, And i can flyit very well. in fact, my flying friend/instructor said that he has never seen a Firebird/aerobird, fly so good before.

The radio that i am getting is the J-r 6102.
i am considering 3 planes ;

Wattage corsair-$36
wattage cessna 182-$100
Slow stick

What do you thinK i should get, and if you have any other recomendations, please feel free to give them.
thanks
The Slow stick is basically what you have now.

Unless you are EXCEPTIONALLY good, the Corsair may not be a good choice as it is a difficult plane to fly in any configuration - full size, glow/gas or electric.

The Cessna 182 you should have no problems flying, however, as it is a scale plane, I would suggest something inbetween first.

Perhaps something like the GP mini Super Sportster. With reduced throws you should be able to transition to this plane easily. As your abilities increase, increase the throws and you will have a nice aerobatic trainer. If you were doing glo planes I could advise you better, however, while I do fly electrics, I learned on glo so I didn't need to go through the trainer part of electrics.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:54 PM
zachj1212

thank you. let me tell you about the corsair. This is the plane that my instructor is telling me to get. It has a plastic fuse, and a foam wing and tail. 3 channel. Very cheap, but good looking. As i said it is 30 buks, and can take a lot of beating. I flew it a couple times, and i really like it.

now since i am only 13, i can not afford gas planes, so it is electric for me! THe cessna would be me prized posetion. I would buy a pexi glass case and everything for it! THat is why i would learn, and get better on the corsair, and then transition to cessna. I wouln't mind losing, or crashing the corsair hard.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Dr.Watson
My Feedback: (10)

if your still learning how to fly, get the Slow Stick. i've only flown once and it was easy with the slow stick.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have already flown the Corsair, you know whether or not you can handle it, or the plane is one step ahead of you. If you can handle it, go for it. If the plane is ahead of you, that means you need something inbetween what you have now and the Corsair.

The reason I suggested avoiding the scale plane is that MOST scale planes come with their own built in idiosyncracies and a lot of people have trouble dealing with them (at least initially).
Old 04-13-2005, 05:01 PM
zachj1212

thanks for everything! i just got back from the hobby shop, and now i havve a new idia

here it is:

Ultrafly ***cessna 182> wattage 182
Corsair>wattage 182
Wattage 182

As youo can see, i want the wattage cessna. What i mean be > is from this to that. what do you think is the best rout, or alternative routs. please note that the corsiar is a 3 chanel, beginer plane, not a snazy, hot scale.

***http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D