Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hobby Knifes

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hobby Knifes

Old 04-29-2005, 10:20 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby Knifes

Even though I was working on my RC truck, I figured I'd post here because I use hobby knifes more on airplanes...

Beware! Hobby knifes are dangerous tools and should be used with care instead of rushing like I did. While working, the hobby knife slipped a total of 3 times and stabbed me 3 times pretty deep in the hand, in the same area of my hand...

I'm not just writing this to scare anyone...just writing this so others will be more careful and not be and idiot like me and rush these things.

Good news is that I cut myself 3 times in the pretty same area so one bandage covers all three cuts.

I think I'll just replace the $25 worth of parts instead of keep cutting myself

The first pic is after the first cut...2 more after that that are like 4-5x the size, the second pic is my workspace now.

Old 04-29-2005, 10:36 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Hobby Knifes

yes guys, please be very carefull when working with a x acto knive. After being in the hobby for five years I two became careless and slipped into my hand stabbing 3/4 of the blade into my hand. I ended up in the Emergency room. I am really glad I pierced my palm then one inch lower in my wrist. I always though keeping my had a good distance away from the blade would be save. I was working with my left hand on holding the tail of the plane on the top. I was cutting out splintered wood on the bottom of the fuse when the knife slipped out and I forcefully threw the blade rearward.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess everyone forgets to read "The Care and FEEDING of Power Tools" and "The Care and FEEDING of Knives and Other Sharp Instruments".

These items periodicaly "remind" you to go back and read the books. The reminder is USUALLY a "supplement" of fresh blood to their food.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:23 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: Campy

These items periodicaly "remind" you to go back and read the books. The reminder is USUALLY a "supplement" of fresh blood to their food.