Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Needle Valve on O.S. .46 too short >

Needle Valve on O.S. .46 too short

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Needle Valve on O.S. .46 too short

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needle Valve on O.S. .46 too short

I am mounting a .46 O.S. AX engine in a Sig Kadet LT-40. The needle valve is about 1/2 " to 3/4 " too short. Right now it ends even with the side of the plane. I looked at changing the orientation of the needle valve to the vertical position but then the connector for the fuel line from the fuel tank is right behind the engine. So, that won't work. Plus, in that configuration, the needle valve is very close to the cylinder head. I really don't want to burn the **** out of my fingers every time I try to adjust the needle valve. I am new to this hobby, so I know this is a dumb question, but will my LHS have a needle valve which will extend further than the one supplied by the manufacturer?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:15 PM

Default RE: Needle Valve on O.S. .46 too short

It's easier than that. Notice the small hole on the end of the needle valve? And the setscrew on the side of the valve? All you need to do is back out the screw, put in a bit of wire bent to an L shape, and tighten the setscrew. I've done this lots of times.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I'm reading you right you don't really have a problem. On the end of the needle valve there should be a small hole in one side of the head (?). Inside this hole is a set screw, an allen, about the same size as a wheel collar set screw. Back the set screw out a bit and you should be able to put a small piece of wire in the hole. If you have an old allen wrench that will fit the hole put it in and tighten the set screw, you now have your adjuster where you can reach it. If you don't have an old allen wrench, find a piece of wire and bend it in an "L" the length you need. Hope this will cure your ?? problem.. By the way " The only dumb question, is the the question you don't ask". ENJOY!!!!!!
Red
Old 04-30-2005, 08:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is easy, and I'm sorry I tried to be so explicit with a newbe and screwed it up by not refering to the hole in the end where the wire would go. Thanks for catching that Montaque.
ENJOY!!! Red
Old 05-01-2005, 11:40 AM

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Here is what I did on the 46AX on my Midwewst Aerobat, exactly what the other two guys were describing.

Phil in MN[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29535.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	265409