Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

HiTec Flash5 Radio help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

HiTec Flash5 Radio help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:56 PM
TX_Firehawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HiTec Flash5 Radio help

Hello, I need some help with my Flash 5 Radio I purchased last week to replace my cheap AM 3 channel. Well all I had to do was reverse the servo for my elevator and I was off flying. Worked fine for a week like that. Well yesterday the battery (rechargable) got low and the unit started beeping. Well I left it on for about 30 more min to run it down a lil so I could get a good charge on it over night. It went down to about 7ish volts before I charged it.

Well I went out to fly this morning before work and all of the servo's have been reversed (like throttle) and the trim adjustments are either at 100% or 254% (yes I know they are only suppose to go to 125%). So basically I have no idea how to get it reset back to the factory settings. I tried switching to Plane2 at the field for a quick fix but it was also haywire.

Any ideas on what happned and or how i can fix this?

I would love to go fly but I cant get this radio figured out.

Thanks-

Miss2 Aircraft
AXi 2814/12
8x6 APC Props
E-flight 40Amp ESC
3 Cell 11.1v 1600mAh Predator (Falcon) packs
HiTec Flash5
Blackwidow A/V 200mW TX/RX
Upgraded antena's
120 deg wide angle Panasonic CCD
Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HiTec Flash5 Radio help

Near the top of the forum listing, you will find the Hitec Direct support listing. I would recommemd going there. Also, don't let your batteries get that low while the radio is on, you probably scrambled the processor. Can you go back to a default setting and adjust from there> You can in other mfg .

Try this:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_53/tt.htm
and good luck.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:24 PM
RedWing
My Feedback: (4)

It may have changed model numbers.
Are you sure you set up and are on the same model number?
So if you set up you plane on model number 1 and the radio got switched to model number 2, then everything would be different.

Bill
Old 05-06-2005, 03:34 PM
bruce88123

RedWing- But could he get 254%? Is that supposed to even be possible?
Old 05-06-2005, 03:50 PM
DBCherry

You may have screwed your battery pack by letting it get that low. It's an 8 cell pack and should never be allowed to drop below about 1.1 volts per cell, or 8.8 volts. If cells get below about 0.9 volts per cell there's a good chance that one of them will "reverse", and you get to throw away what was a good pack.

You do not have to discharge your packs before recharging. It's a good idea to cycle them two or three times a year, but by using a cycler. If you're not going to invest in a cycler, just charge them overnight before you go to the field.

I'm guessing it was the extremely low voltage, or a reversed cell that fouled up your transmitter. I'd start by replacing the pack.

Good luck,
Dennis-
Old 05-06-2005, 04:24 PM
TX_Firehawk

WOW thanks for all the help. Ya it was still on plane 1, I tried going to plane 2 and it was all squirley as well. I was able to reset it (by toying with it, think I held down 2 buttons and something else before I turned it on. Everything went back to normal. And ya the 254/255 thing was wierd..

Thanks for the info on the cells.. I wont let it get down there again. I just flew for about 15 min and everything seems to be working fine.

I need to figure out this dual rate thing. I think that would help me out with some of my lil tricks.

That AXi motor is just a baddddd boy [8D]

I have some videos- is there a place to upload them so you all can see? I dont host my own ftp any longer so that isnt an option.

Thanks!

Jason
Old 05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
bruce88123

The manual or the web site I gave you earlier should get you thru the programming.

Can't help with the video. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:13 PM
TX_Firehawk

Try this link for a nice lil video- http://s4.youshareit.com/files/cfbdd...c228d5870.html

The raw video is broadcast quality- the compression really makes it look bad but its not too bad-

Old 05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
RedWing

ORIGINAL: bruce88123

RedWing- But could he get 254%? Is that supposed to even be possible?

No, the 254% is way off the scale.

I don't know about that.
I have two Flash 5x radios and I have never had that happen.

This one is brand new....

I would be on the RCU Hitec forum talking to them.
See what they think.
You don't want to crash or get hurt because of a malfunction of your radio.

Bill
Old 05-06-2005, 10:39 PM
rctrax

I have a Flash 5 and can tell you that you made a mistake in leting the bat run down so far. you got past thevoltage level where the programing was stable. When you charged it up again it probably stabilized and began working. I do not let the voltage get down to where the beeper goes off.After a days flying just charge overnite agian and be ready to fly the next day.Always charge every time you fly, then you will never get caught stort. I cannot believe how many people will continue to use a battery pack until it is completly used up before thinking to recharge.You should charge the nite before every time you fly. The other way to do it is to use a charger that switches to a trickle charge after being on 16 hrs and then leaving it on trickle til you need it again. That way it will always be fresh and ready to go.