Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 Help me Please ... Thanks >

Help me Please ... Thanks

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Help me Please ... Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 03:10 PM
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me Please ... Thanks

i Cant Keep my OS V25 Engine In my Modified Cessna Running, and im not A Member of any Club .. and i was Wondering .. how or What way do i no To Turn the Carb' Wheel to Keep it Runing i get the engine Ticking over (Just) and then As i Apply Full Throttle it Dies off ... and i let the Throttle Down and then the engine seems to make a Chokeing noise and Dies .. its not Flooded and i Dont have a Clue what to Do with the Carbarettor Wheel or What way to Turn it!

Please Help Thanks a Lot if you Can!

Karl
Old 08-25-2005, 04:20 PM

Default RE: Help me Please ... Thanks

im not an engine expert but it sounds like your low idle needs to be adjusted. maybee someone can tell you wich way leaner or richer. i dont know about the v25 but heres a link to the 25fx manual wich may help. and you may wih to check your glow plug and make sure it has not gone bad.
http://www.osengines.com/manuals/15c...2sx-manual.pdf
Old 08-25-2005, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may be idling too slow also. Be realistic about this. Without a flywheel like in a car it won't get down to "just ticking over" reliably. Adjust your idle speed up a bit. Second, will it go to high speed if you ease the throttle slowly up or not at all? If not at all, lets go back to the beginning and assume it's all screwed up. Take the high speed needle valve and close it (full lean) which is turning it in a clockwise (CW) direction. Do not force it closed, just gently against the seat so as not to damage it. Then open the needles approx 1-3/4 turns CCW richer. This should be a good starting point for adjustments of the high speed needle. Start the motor and attempt to ease the throttle open to full power. ALWAYS have immense respect for the damage that propeller can do.. If the engine will achieve full throttle you can make minor adjustments to peak the performance. You want it about 3 clicks RICHER than peak RPM.

I'm out of time right now and have to leave. the others should be able to help from here.

Good luck. Get this far and you are more than 1/2 was done[
Old 08-25-2005, 04:47 PM
My Feedback: (-1)

Thanks i will Try that Tomorrow!

Thanks a Lot For Helping Guys

Karl