Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

1st plane crash that wasent my fault!!

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

1st plane crash that wasent my fault!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:24 AM
hhhhhhhhh
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st plane crash that wasent my fault!!

hi,

i went over my club last sunday on the buddy and ive done about 3 take offs and landing and they were all perfict. but this time i was approching the end of the landing strip then my engine (irvine46) started reving hard with my control,l and my trainers controll at full throttole then i realise i was getting close to the end of the landing strip and i pulled up it done a visshos (spelling) turn to the left, and done a cart wheel and the rudder is broke and the fuserlarge was all cracked right were the winges sat. with the prop broke then after the flight i checked evrything agin and i realised that i forgot that i set my alerons so they could onley turn very slightly on trainer mode and when i get interfirance they can go however far they want.next thing in there is an old man going round asking for a different peg (so he has obesley was using channel 78 without a peg)like mine and smashed up my plane..

I WAS FURIOS!!![:@][:@]

but ive allready started rebuilding and made good progress
Old 10-11-2005, 05:37 AM
RC-Captain

Default RE: 1st plane crash that wasent my fault!!

This is the kind of nonsense that pushes me further away from joining a club. There has to be close to 50 clubs in NJ and I only have been invited to join 2 of them. I just don't get it ..........To anyone's knowledge does a club become a secret society after so many members join ? I looked in RCU's club listing and found a club that was right under my nose. I emailed a few clubs only to get no reply. Oh well at least I try to join a club that is what counts.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:15 AM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

The "gentleman" causing the interference should offer to compensate you for your loss. A technique I"ve seen used to good effect is that if the plane starts acting strangely, yell out in your loudest voice your channel number. Do that several times. Hopefully, if someone else realizes they're on your channel, they might get their radio off before disaster strikes. The person causing the interference should be reminded that this is a SAFETY ISSUE, not just loss of a beloved model. Also as a common courtesy, I teach students to NEVER turn their radio on when someone is on approach. Secondly, if there are planes in the air at the field, LOOK at the OTHER planes when you turn your transmitter on. If something strange happens, turn it off IMMEDIATELY unless your engine is running. I also teach them that as well as having the pin, its a good idea to ask the other flyers if they are on that channel. They shouldn't be, but mistakes happen.

Brad
Old 10-11-2005, 10:20 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RC-FIEND - Don't give up so easy. Go to the field and talk to the appropriate people and make sure they know you WANT to be a member. If you just stand around they won't ask you. Also, some clubs do have membership caps because they feel their field can not support more people. Don't rely on email either.

Luke - just from what you said it is NOT obvious the the man was on your channel. Did you ask him? If he was, then he should be held responsible for your plane. Your instructor, who was with you, should have gone and asked him if it appeared that this was the case. I am assuming that you did have the pin.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:23 AM
hhhhhhhhh
Banned

i agree with bruce DONT WAIT FOR THEM TO COME TO U GO TO THEM!!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
bruce88123

Luke - see my edit above
Old 10-11-2005, 10:26 AM
hhhhhhhhh
Banned

going back to what u said bkdavy i checked every thin and at my club we have a peg syston were u go and collect ur peg off the bord and u can turn ur transmitter on and fly but if u havent got a peg u CANNOT turn ur transmitter on whitch the stuped old man did and destriod my plane and he dident even have the guts to admitt it!![:@]
Old 10-11-2005, 11:14 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

It's unfortunate that he didn't obey the frequency controls, and then compounded his mistake by not admitting it. Some people are just jerks. I lost my second plane to interferance. It was only a month old. [] Fortunately, the only other person at the field, my instructor, admitted his mistake immediately, and paid for the kit, supplies, and covering for my 3rd plane.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 PM
hhhhhhhhh
Banned

yes taht is better than not admitting it and i have to take my time to rebuild it[:@]
Old 10-11-2005, 01:48 PM
sk8er

rc-friend, where in new jersey are you from? i live in cherry hill. i am part of the pine barren club. all the guys there are really nice. thier field is right across the street from the south jersey regional airport and airport hobbies. u should check them out.http://pinebarrensmodelers.org/
Old 10-11-2005, 04:00 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND
This is the kind of nonsense that pushes me further away from joining a club. There has to be close to 50 clubs in NJ and I only have been invited to join 2 of them. I just don't get it ..........To anyone's knowledge does a club become a secret society after so many members join ? I looked in RCU's club listing and found a club that was right under my nose. I emailed a few clubs only to get no reply. Oh well at least I try to join a club that is what counts.
My experience with emailing clubs, using the address from the AMA site, is that the emails are rarely read and often the email addresses are not good. The contact name and email address for our club was out of date for at least a year before I happened to be looking at the AMA site and noticed it. An email from our president to the AMA got it fixed but it takes manual iuntervention to keep it updated. I'd say the majority of our club members, even the officers, do not check their email very regularly, so it could be weeks before an email was even noticed. The majority of clubs probably shouldn't even bother listing an email address.

The best way to determine if a club is right for you is to approach them in person. Once you've met a few of the people you'll know pretty quickly if they are a group you want to join. Don't write them off strictly due to poor email management.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:40 PM
DaveB

RC,

I belong to the "Atoms RCers" and the "Egan" clubs in New Jersey and while both are small clubs and are close to membership maximums, they can take a new member or two. If you are interested in flying in Somerset County, let me know and I will show you the fields and introduce you to other members.

DaveB
Old 10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
ICE_MAN

Luke,
You said he was LOOKING to find the pin correct? If so doesn't that mean he is following the rules by trying to obtain the pin? Maybe he didn't turn on his Tx since he was searching for the pin.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:56 PM
2slow2matter

Not to be picky, but how old are you?
Not that it really matters, but please don't refer to someone as "that stupid old man." That old man has more experience and knowledge than you may ever have! If he made a mistake, I bet he doesn't know. Maybe you should talk to him, but don't come on the internet and accuse him of shooting your plane down. that does no good at all!

And, your spelling is atrocious. Sorry, but it sure makes the thread hard to read at times!

And no, I'm not "old."
Old 10-11-2005, 08:40 PM
ICE_MAN

^^ Agreed
Old 10-11-2005, 10:44 PM
forestroke

2slow - you mean "And, your spelling is atroSHOS" lol. kidding.

anyway, i agree that you should definitely talk to the person. assuming it's him but being incorrect could be dangerous.

i had my lazy tiger go down a few months ago and i still can't figure out what happened. THAT'S the worse! i thought someone shot me down but i had intermittent control (or it seemed) and yet no one was on the board with the same freq and no one fessed up to shooting me down. now i'm not too sure what to do. i've grounded my whole control system for more testing.

what i'm saying is if they guy didn't shoot you down, maybe it was a TX or RX failure. it's very important to:

BE SURE WHAT HAPPENED!

check everything before you go up again...
Old 10-12-2005, 07:26 AM
bruce88123

Luke said in previous posts that he is 13.

I wonder if he even checked to see what channel the "old man's" radio is on.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:42 AM
hhhhhhhhh
Banned

kisen u guys hes very weird he is strange im stayin wellaway from the old man and well done bruece im 13 and he musent no that much because he turnrd on his transmitter without a peg[:@]
Old 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
RichD

punc·tu·a·tion noun.

The use of standard marks and signs in writing and printing to separate words into sentences, clauses, and phrases in order to clarify meaning.

You will never know if he shot you down, unless you asked him what channel he was on.

Did you ask him if he turned on his radio?

Never assume.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:59 AM
2slow2matter

Trust me, if you stay with it long enough, you'll crash plenty that ARE your fault! If you're not going to ask the guy to find out the truth, then just rebuild the plan and go on about your business. No one on here is going to replace your plane for you. We've given you the advice you need--go ask the man about the situation--but you obviously don't want to do that, so this thread should be finished.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:30 AM
ICE_MAN

Doesn't this reply post thing have a spell check?

BTW You never said for sure he turned on his radio.. The fact that he was at least looking for the pin leads me to believe there are other reasons for the crash.. Because if he's going to turn on his Tx anyways, why bother looking for the pin?

I'd start looking elsewhere for the cause of your crash and quit blaming the "old man." For the time being anyways.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Septic_Shock

Now, I'm not that old (28yrs.), but where I'm from, even if if was the guy's fault, you should still show respect. Yes, if he was the cause, it would have been nice for him to admit it. But you'll never know. It's not worth getting mad with an elderly man who may have helped pioneer the way for the sport that we all enjoy today.

Just have mom or dad buy you another one and have fun!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:59 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Luke,
I know that as a teenager sometimes you think the world is out to get you, but that's not true at all. But what the others have said here (and on other threads too) is very true, you need to learn to speak to others and respect them. In the case of your field, regardless if the other guy turned on or not the way you speak and approach others is going to greatly affect what happens. If speak to the "older guy" with some respect and not accusing him of causing the crash, then he and the others at the field will probably be very helpful in trying to figure out what happened. But if you're disrespectful and accusing others then I will pretty much bet on the fact that nobody at that field will lift a finger to help you figure out what happened. I know that may sound harsh, but it's just a fact of life.

Ken
Old 10-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: luke21

. . . an old man going round asking for a different peg (so he has obesley was using channel 78 without a peg) like mine and smashed up my plane..
Lucky he "shot you down" before you collected a hefty fine for flying an aircraft on a ground-use only channel. Aircraft use channels 11 through 60 (plus five Ham frequencies).

If you "forgot" to check your rates you might have forgotten other things.

Clubs do become "secret" after a certain membership level is reached. One I belong to is limited to 36 by the airport owner (it's a grass-field full size airport in addition to models), The other is set at 60 in our by-laws.

We list every member's transmitter frequencies on a bulletin board at the field, so if you can check your frequency and look for that member lurking about before you even get to the pin board. You get to know who you have to wait for in short order.

I just checked my "Old Duffer's Weekly" and, sure enough, Luke21 was on the list for a frequency conflict. I have him scheduled in a few years for "cut-in-front-of-and-drive-15mph-below-the-speed-limit-with-my-left-turn-signal-on" episodes on the county roads. Looks like next week we have him receiving a lot of Canadian coins in his change from Wal-Mart.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:15 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: ICE_MAN

Doesn't this reply post thing have a spell check?
I hear the inhabitants of the car forums wore it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.