Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Towers :(

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Towers :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
POLYGON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towers :(

Man, i got my stuff in atleast half of it. i got all but my rtf tower trainer. i called tower and they said they will have it out to me in another 5 to 7 days. im not to concerned because im not going be flying it for a while but you think they would have atleast 2 dayed it cuz it was their mistake. also i keep trying to buy stuff off of tower but when i got to the procceed to check out button it just pops up thta this page cannot be displayed. i also tried mozilla and the same thing. anyone else experiencing this?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:42 PM
POLYGON

Default RE: Towers :(

nvm guys towers hooked me up...i lvoe towers and all of the things htey sell are great.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:53 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

how did they hook you up?
Old 01-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Sidargo

Probably in a similar way of what Microsoft did for me.

I mean, you can say all kinds of things about Microsoft, but their support is awesome. I bought an Wireless Suite two years ago (Keyboard and Mouse) and, within two days of purchase, managed to spill pepsi in the keyboard. I called them up, told them exactly what happened (I dont lie. It never pays off.) and if the keyboard pcb was available as spare part.

They said no, there were no spare parts, but they would send me another keyboard. Three days later, I had a package from Microsoft Germany, with keyboard, mouse and receiver. I called them (again) and told them that they might have made a mistake and that I only needed a keyboard.

They said, thanks, but since the keyboard I had was not available as a single product, I would have to "stick with the set" and that they were alright with it.

Since then, I only buy and recommend Microsoft products.

Cheers
Sebastian
Old 01-10-2006, 06:43 AM
CGRetired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running IE 6.0.2800... the latest build (keep current from Microsoft Upgrade web site) and have absolutely no problems getting anything to display on Tower Hobbies, or any other place for that matter, even through this almost impossible firewall at work. Good luck getting it fixed. It can be very frustrating.

DS.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:33 PM
POLYGON

towers hooked me up by shipping the plane quick...it w.ill be here on the 11th. also towers support is awesome, and fast and easy. the guy on the phone said 5 to 7 business days and i was liek "what" and they shipped it faster.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:11 AM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

I've allways got great customer service from Tower!

Mark
Old 01-11-2006, 03:22 PM
ibflying

Thats where I'm ordering my Hobbico SuperStar Select MKII Blue 4Ch RTF 60" !!
BTW besides a field kit, what else should I purchase for with my new plane??
Old 01-22-2006, 01:47 AM
RC/RON

Flight insurance. lol
Old 01-22-2006, 04:43 AM
}{unter

LMAO Ron.... 100 % ...... Yes towers is one of the best and well / only company i order from.... There are no Hobbbies shops where i live and have been ordering from towers for uhhhh 8 years now?? Support / Products are great. If i need help ill call them like a hobbie shop lol ..... Never know tower to leave The main thing out though... the plane lol.... They have shipped me the wrong item and i called and they shipped out the right one and told me to keep the one they sent...

Love tower hobbies

}{unter
Old 01-22-2006, 08:20 AM
CTDave

I too love Towers,they send my stuff usually earlier then they say it will be here and everything is sent.Sometimes things happen and mistakes are made,give them a chance to fix it.I have tried others and Towers always beats them.Heck I even joined their super saver club,morre good deals.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:15 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Lets not forget horizonhobby.com Tower doesnt sell hanger 9 products or JR radios, so for those who use these need to go there. I have experienced great prices and great service from them.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:35 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Every time I try to use Horizon's web site I remind myself why I've never bought anything from them. Also, since my local hobby shop's supplier is Horizon, if there was anything I want from them I'd buy from him, his prices are better.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:53 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

Every time I try to use Horizon's web site I remind myself why I've never bought anything from them. Also, since my local hobby shop's supplier is Horizon, if there was anything I want from them I'd buy from him, his prices are better.
Yes, Horizon's website does leave a little bit to be desired. Also, their call center and customer service isn't as "polished" as Tower's is. They are still a decent place to purchase things, but if an item is sold at Tower and at Horizon I'll order it from Tower first. But like Piper_chuck, I prefer to purchase from my LHS whenever I can. Being a business man (not in the hobby, but computers instead) I know the value of keeping your money local. The value of having the LHS there can't even be measured if you ask me. Yes, Tower can save you a few bucks. But can Tower take you back into his building shop and show you how to do something that you aren't sure about?? My LHS can and does that on my occasions. Can you get a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze for an hour at Tower? You can in the LHS. Anyway, before I get off the subject completely, I'll spend just as much in my LHS as I can. A couple of extra bucks spent there are well worth it considering all the stuff that my LHS can do that Tower can't

That's my 2ΒΆ worth

Ken
Old 01-22-2006, 11:12 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: RCKen
Can you get a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze for an hour at Tower?
No, but I'll admit to spending many an hour browsing their web site while sipping coffee, or whatever!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:43 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: RCKen
Can you get a cup of coffee and shoot the breeze for an hour at Tower?
No, but I'll admit to spending many an hour browsing their web site while sipping coffee, or whatever!
[sm=thumbup.gif]

Ken
Old 01-22-2006, 03:00 PM
}{unter

lol piper same here..... Getting ready to purchase myself a 9CAP. I started to order on towers but then i quickly noticed some on Ebay. Great deals on radios.

}{unter