Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Couple of Q's about beginner's planes

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Couple of Q's about beginner's planes

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 08:51 PM
Psychophant1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of Q's about beginner's planes

A few years ago, I got a Global Superfly ARF for a birthday gift. I've never had a chance to fly it.

Now, I'm looking to get started flying, and I'm wondering if I should fly this, or if I'd be better off with something bigger. The Sig LT-40, Hangar 9 Xtra Easy and Alpha seem to be the hot choices right now.

Also, considering my first (in a long time, anyway) kit, how do the Senior Telemaster and the Sig Senior compare? I'm looking for something big and capable that I could add payloads (or bombs), lights, flaps, and ailerons to. Maybe leading edge slats too, but that'll require more research.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Tattoo

If you have a good instructor on a calm day and a healthy engine, the Superfly will fly great...HOWEVER...CHECK THE ENGINE FOR UPTHRUST!!!! I saw at least 2 superflys in the late 90's that flew like crap dispite some very experienced help trying to sort them out. It was discovered that the factory installed engine rails had about 2 degrees of upthrust in them. Once corrected, they flew great for training.
Old 11-23-2002, 02:21 AM
TerrellFlyer

check out the BTE Flying King,might be just the ticket for your kit ,better plane than the ones you mentioned
Old 11-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Psychophant1

Nice looking aircraft, the BTE. But, what makes it better?
Old 11-23-2002, 02:29 PM
TerrellFlyer

The instructions and the wood is way above most kits,also flies lot better than the Telemaster and is more durable than the Senior.Bruce is such a nice guy that I would rather give him the money anyway. My $.o2's worth only.