Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Help with receiver

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Help with receiver

Old 02-06-2006, 07:26 AM
dydx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with receiver

I know that most who frequent these forums live in 72/75Mhz negative/positive shift land but I have a deliemma which would mean that a completely complete plane is completely unflyable for 2 WEEKS due to a delay in the shipping of a crystal. At the moment they haven't shipped the receiver (which is in stock) because they are waiting on the crystal.

My new receiver is a Hitec Electron 6. My transmitter crystal is at 36.310Mhz. The Electron 6 being dual conversion requires a dual conversion crystal. The Hitec dual conversion 36.310 crystal is out of stock at the store where I am buying it from and the ETA on it is 2 weeks from 6th Feb.

Now I see that I have two options provided that they are possible.

Get the store to give me another brand of crystal at 36.310Mhz that is in stock and will work with the electron 6

or

Get them to send me the Electron 6 and I will use my JR R700 36.310 Mhz crystal to swap between the receivers in my two planes until the new crystal arrives.

Note: I bet you are all thinking why not just use the R700 in your new plane if you want to fly it so bad? Well unfortunately I tried that and it dosen't fit because the servo connections are on the end of the reciever (the plane is an EPP glider).

So what I hope someone can tell me is that both of my options are feasible and I won't have to wait.

And as for my haste....don't blame me, blame the addiction.

Many thanks

dydx
Old 02-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Fastsky

Default RE: Help with receiver

If the store had another crystal that would work they would have probably thought of that and sent it out. Option 2 sounds good, if the crystal works, you are set. If it doesn't, nothing lost as you have the reciever and the crystal is coming anyway. [8D]
Old 02-06-2006, 09:42 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: dydx

Get them to send me the Electron 6 and I will use my JR R700 36.310 Mhz crystal to swap between the receivers in my two planes until the new crystal arrives.

dydx

Is not the JR R700 a single conversion Rx (ABC&W)? If this is the case then the crystal for this Rx is not likely to work in your Dual Conversion Electron 6.

John
Old 02-06-2006, 10:28 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

The R 700 is a single conversion crystal, and will not work in the electron rx. I'm unaware of any other brand of crystal besides hitec that will work with the hitec dual conversion crystals. Might be one out there, but I wouldn't chance it. Get the stuff that's designed to go together. Fly your other plane until it comes in.