Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Four Star 60 - Do these pictures help

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Four Star 60 - Do these pictures help

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 04:09 AM
GPutt33
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four Star 60 - Do these pictures help

I have opened up a MSN GROUP site and started to add various albums. I am interested in knowing whether the album called "Sig Four Star 60 - Build" help anyone at all. If it does I will continue to add more albums. I added some captions and comments to each picture tonight. Will do same thing to the LT-40 album if you think it's worth it.

You can either click on my name, go to my profile and then click on the homepage link or copy the link below into your address window.

I would like to know whether you can get to it first. If you can get to it can you get around in it. Can you join as a member if you want?

I have also posted pictures of our local club "Flying Circuits", pictures of the 2001 Toledo RC show, 2002 Jets Over Ohio etc.

I will be on vacation for the Holidays and may not get back to anyone until later, so please don't be upset if I don't respond to your responses right away.

Merry Christmas All
Old 12-13-2002, 01:18 PM
RedWing
My Feedback: (4)

Great Photos.

I need a digital camera!

Bill
Old 12-13-2002, 01:46 PM
GeeBeer

I've built one of these reicently, almost fully to planns & flys great. I've liked looking at your construction photo's, you will have a great time with it. I like your mods!
Old 12-13-2002, 05:39 PM
GPutt33

Default Redwing and snaught - Thanks for the

feedback. Yea, I like what the digital camera can do. I know I'm going to love how the 4*60 flys from what everyone else says about it. Should be a nice transition from the trainer.

Lets see -------- What to build next
Old 12-16-2002, 12:34 AM
lownslo

Default diagonal bracing in wing.

Hi Gregg, I visited your web site and the construction pix of the 4* 60. VERY NICE !!!
I am building a 4* 120 and was interested in putting in the diagonal braces that the 60 has. (the 120 does not have these in the plans). I would like to know the dimension of the braces. Is it 1/4" square stock, flat, etc.?? (and balsa I assume).
Attached is a picture of a slightly kit bashed 4*120 I am working on. I have rounded the tailfeathers, carved a headrest, used the back 1/3 of the canopy and made a windshield out of it. I have a taller, thicker, LG by TnT and "fat Cub wheels. Note the Saito 150 on it's side and the top cowl section between the cheeks. (right cheek is now removable).
PS.. I bet you will love the way the transition to the 60 goes. My first low wing was a Midwest Starduster, which is basically a "twin brother" to the 4* 40. (it is the blue and yellow plane in my avatar). It is sooooo easy to fly and land and I have heard nothing but good things about all the 4 Star planes.
.... later... lownslo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	41215_2185.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	25467  
Old 12-22-2002, 11:50 PM
GPutt33

Default Hey Lownslo - I will have to get back to

you with the dimensions of the bracing. I am out in Wyoming on vacation for the holidays and won't be back until after the first of the year.

Glad you liked the pics
Old 12-30-2002, 02:25 AM
CulverCadet

Default Gputt33 - I have been following yours and

Downwinds 4 star 60 builds. Between the two of you have seen some things to try. The build pictures on your Home Page helped even more.

Anxious to see the it completely covered.

Thanks for the tips........
Old 12-30-2002, 02:28 AM
Wamp

A saw that model plane fly today.. Very nice. Smooth and fast.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:46 PM
GALENM

Has anybody tried clipping the wings on the 4* 60?
I have one on order and read about this.
I understand that as stock they want to baloon on landing. Will taking 3" off each side make it better of worse to land. This will be my second plane.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:26 PM
GPutt33

Default Hi Galenm - I read about the same thing

before I started building mine. It sounds like a lot of the guys cut the ends of the wing off to the first or second bay. After building the wing I see where this would be very easy to do.

Since this is only my second plane, I decided I wanted the extra lift for right now. I can always cut some off the ends of the wing at a later date when I feel more comfortable with it. I just didn't want to go from my high wing trainer to my first low wing and get myself into trouble.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:19 AM
FXD
My Feedback: (3)

would any one out there have a set of plans for the wing of the 4*60 . i would be willing to pay. thank you fxd. [email protected]