Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 sig customer service >

sig customer service

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

sig customer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sig customer service

OK as few know I was building a sig somethin extra as a second plane ...well i got it finished up and I love it it is the best thing I have ever had my thumbs on...I liked it so much I got another one for my son to fly ....but I got the ARF. I built my plane from a kit just as the plans say to and I used the j hooks and rubber bands with no problems. However on the arf I did the same thing .....now I fly mine much much harder than my sons flys his (he is on a buddy box w me )....we took his up and did a few nice loops and rolls and all of the sudden it just snapped over adn nothing I could do would correct it ...as you know it hit the ground with a resounding crack.....and the look on my sons face was indescribable.....his first words were what did I do .........I said you have done nothing ...something simply broke ......we walked out to the wreckage and gather the mess up and took it to the truck ......upon inspecting we found that the j hook in the wing broke....yup broke off at the threads which let the wing slide off the tube a bit and off the centering dowel......hence the loud crack I suppose.....well I wanted to let sig know that there was possibly a defect in some of the j hooks they provide ...after several e mails with them....I got a rather condescending e mail saying I was relentless and they would offer me a replacement at dealer cost......I never once told them that I want a reduced rate ./...if I had felt that I was owed a replacement I would have demanded a free one since it was their part that failed......I am have had to deal with there customer service before when I got my kit adn they were top notch .......so I thought that they might want to know about this....any way sorry for the long rant I just wanted to blow off some steam.....and i no way am I bashing their product at all ...it is a great airplane .....the best I have got to fly IMHO...... so with all of that said has any one else had a bad dealing with them or am i like the J hook ...the only one ....

Clint
Old 05-09-2006, 12:07 PM

Default RE: sig customer service

I have 3 Sig planes (they ARE nice airplanes) and I've only dealt with Sig one time.

Although they were not overly helpful, they were "OK".

One thing I've noticed about the people in this business (include LHS's) is the inconsistent customer service. One day they are friendly and helpful; the next time they make you feel like you're an imposition just being in their store. Different day, different atmosphere...

Anybody else experience this?

They're just people and maybe have bad days I guess..

Dave
AMA 847123
Old 05-09-2006, 02:43 PM

Unfortunately--and I know none of us would ever do this--I've been in my LHS when a customer (dad with kid) brought in a crashed trainer and demanded a replacement, for no other reason than the box said the plane was perfect for beginners. Get a few customers like that and it might make you want to get out of the RC business altogether. I'm a big fan of Sig, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had something of an attitude toward customers.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:11 PM

I've contacted SIG once, by e-mail, with a couple of pre-purchase questions about the Four Star 60. I received a prompt and courteous reply with answers to each of my questions. I was quite pleased with their responsiveness. Being in computer support, I can well imagine that they "have their off days" just as I do, though.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:31 PM

I have only contacted SIG a few times by phone and have gotten good friendly response. It may have been an off day for the person you talked to. It happens to all of us at one time or another.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:28 PM

Sig shipped me the wrong replacement kit, fuse instead of wing. I needed it badly for the weekend, it was Friday, they ate half the cost of saturday delivery without me even asking them. It outted them 18 bucks plus the 12 bucks it cost to ship the fuse kit back to them.