Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Alpha

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Hanger 9 Alpha

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 12:07 AM
Flying Scotsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Alpha

My wife has finally succumbed and is going to learn how to fly so today I ordered a Hanger 9 Alpha from my LHS. I'm actually looking forward to getting some stick time on a trainer but this plane looks and flies so nice that I'm sure we'll be fighting over the radio this weekend!

Anyway, I seriously hope that she takes to flying as much as she likes to help build my kits, especially since I've delayed my GP Pitts until the summer because of this purchase.

Happy Flying (and Happy New Year) :rainfro:
Steven
Old 01-03-2003, 12:38 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Alpha

I don't think you will be disappointed with that one! Good call.

Jerry
Old 01-03-2003, 02:27 AM
raderrustler

Default Alpha by Hangar 9

Well you will not be dissappointed by this plane, It was the easiest plane to get ready that I have ever seen. And as for flying it is so smooth it will be the perfect first trainer. The Evolution engine with the flywheel makes for smooth idles and the limiters on the adjustments are great if you are not familiar with tuning. Have fun and enjoy.
Randy
Old 01-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Barricade696

Default Hanger 9 Alpha

It is truly a great plane there is no way that after you fly it you will ever reccomend another trainer. Have fun
Old 01-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Justinflyer

Default Hanger 9 Alpha

I am just getting ready to start my first plane, an Eagle II. I looked into getting the alpha trainer but I really wanted to get a kit rather than an ARF. The guy at my LHS told me that he taught a guy to fly whith an alpha and it was a very good plane to start with. The only mod that he said he did with the plane was to take the baffle out of the muffler. Said it made it a little eaiser to take off.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:36 AM
yatyas73

Default Hanger 9 Alpha

I got an Alpha for Christmas from the in-laws (at least they're good for something!), and I love it. The guys at the field were pretty impressed with it too. Because I'm a rookie, I knew nothing else, but I really enjoyed flying it after someone else got it airborn for me.

Still scared of my first solo...
Old 01-05-2003, 03:09 PM
spooner

Default Hanger 9 Alpha

hi there just flew my alpha yesterday and it was great. the only problem we found, was the screws that hold motor mount to fire wall came out . went up two times and then found the bottom two screws gone and the top two very loose. love the plane , second les. today
Old 01-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Ctflyer27

Default Evolution

Hi all, new to the hobby. Have had an Alpha for about a month now and I still can not get it right. The engine was not set correctly at the factory, and none of the guys at the club have been able to help me out. I will throw out my problem and maybe someone can help. The engine starts great, usually with one flip of the prop, however it will not trasition from idle to full power without bogging out. One it sputters and then peaks out, everything sounds good. It's only in transition that I have problems. I have spent hours making 1/8 turns on my low end needle valve, and have had to land more dead stick than not. Has anyone else had this problem with this motor, or did I get a dud? Any suggestions would be a appreciated. Thanks

P.S. When it does fly smooth it's a great flyer. Considering new engine.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:53 AM
spooner

Default evolution

ctflyer27
i had two fuel problems, had to replace fuel line from tank to needle valve and from needle valve to carb, both had pin holes..2 changed fuel from magnum to performance plus 15%. flew three times today with new fuel never dead stick, ran great. this was my second lession so not sure if it help you..
Old 01-07-2003, 01:25 AM
greenpilot

Default Flying Alpha for 3 weeks

My husband, myself and our 11 yr old son took up the hobby a month ago, knowing absolutely nothing. Alpha was right for us. Experienced flyers at club have good things to say about it. Only problem we had after 5 or 6 flights was a bad glow plug. Caused engine to cut off and had a bad landing resulting in broken prop. New glow plug worked great, no problems since.