Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

thoughts about eflite p47d thunderbolt

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

thoughts about eflite p47d thunderbolt

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 09:46 PM
rcplaneflyer
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts about eflite p47d thunderbolt

i just got this plane and ive heard its pretty good.......... wat do u think..... it lokks awesome
Old 08-05-2006, 10:03 PM
jlimey
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: thoughts about eflite p47d thunderbolt

Well, I have been thinking of getting one based on the performance of one at the club. I think the guy has a Park 450 outrunner in it. He is a good pilot, but not real experienced, and he handleed it well. I say handled, because he caught a weed on an extremely low pass, and did a cartwheel. It does look awsome on the low fly-bys, and banks sharply. Probably too much for me at this point, but I don't think I could crash it hard enough to lose more than the plane itself! My 13 year-old can probably use it.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Iturnright

Yes, for a foamy of its size it is very detailed, and looks really very nice. I have seen them fly, and like most warbirds, they do fly much faster than a conventional trainer, however, from what I've heard its a fairly forgiving aircraft, and as long as you have some trainer experience would probably be OK.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:51 AM
oldtyme

I just got mine together. Used the supplied motor and also used the recommended ESC but bought a NiMh battery.........the recommended one by Horizon........I don't want to fool with Li-Poly batteries. Just waiting for the right day to maiden it. Did not take very long to assemble. As a general rule, the P47 is the easiest warbird to fly. I have a H9 60-sized P47 and am going to build the TF P47 when I retire.........only 20 months but who's counting. I don't think that you will be disappointed.

Cheers,
Andy
Old 08-06-2006, 08:59 PM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

I don't have one yet but a few of my friends do. They are great flyers!! The guys really enjoy them. As already stated they are a really great looking scale model too for being made out of foam. They also seem to be able to handle some minor abuse, like any plane though, foam or build up, they aren't going to survive a full blown blown crash. Nothing does! I have seem them come out of some pretty ruff landings ok though. My one friend put a working rudder & a steerable rudder wheel on his. Now he has great ground handling to boot. A great little plane IMO.