Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Os 60 fp

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Os 60 fp

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Os 60 fp

Howdy, a friend of mine just bought anold trainer plane hanging on the ceiling it came with an OS 60 FP, this motor was working great,,,, I'm talking 1 flip she's running, it was put on a 40 sized trainer and cooks this plane along no problem.

The problem......... My friend,, very new to the hobby,,, 3rd week,,,decided to clean his motor after a dead stick landing into the high weeds and had tangled a bit with some dirt and grass, nothing major, but as he was cleaning,,, he touched the forbidden factory air screw, when the engine wasn't running like he remembered, My fault really, everyone I train the very first thing I tell them is to never touch that air screw, his motor was running awesome right from the first time out with it, so I never mentioned it,, thinking he wouldn't touch anything with out me being there,,, I was wrong... we have no manual and I'm sure now that I know he turned it, we can get it figured out, but it would be a little quicker if someone knew the settings for this screw, Fully closed,, a half turn out ?? 1 1/2 turns out?? anyone with a little info on this would be very helpful...
Old 08-07-2006, 09:59 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Os 60 fp

Waldo, a good starting point is where the screw half way blocks the air orfice. I've always started there and usually had to open it up more due to the altitude. Some of my air bleeds have the hole wide open. I haven't had to drill one out yet though.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Os 60 fp

LOL, I knew I should have just posted that on the Twist thread.. and I'm going to for sure, Thanks Tim, Yeah the first thing I usually do is put the tip of the screw Half way across the air hole, we're going to try that out this Saturday, I was just hoping to get an actuall factory setting number in case we had problems, I know the engine runs great, we'll get her back I'm sure...