Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Rc simulator???

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Rc simulator???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:46 PM
jakcharles
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rc simulator???

Ok looking for a RC simulator. I have heard of real flight but not ready to pay 200.00 on it. I have seen ESKY flight simulator with its on remote,has anyone heard any feed back with that one???
Old 08-08-2006, 11:14 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Rc simulator???

Get Aerofly Pro Deluxe or Real Flight G3. AFPD is my personal favorite. Its about $180 delivered and you can use your own transmitter. In my opinion, nothing else will do.

Mike
Old 08-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

JakCharles,
Fair Warning, in this hobby being cheap will cost you later. The Great Planes simulator is AWESOME. I soloed my last two students on their 4th lessons. Both bought the Great Planes sim and an Avistar 40 trainer, (My advice). I told them to fly all of the planes on the sim. However, I told them to learn the P51 Mustang inside and out. I told them when they could take off, fly and land the P-51 time after time without crashing, they were ready for the field. Each took a month of practice on the sim. One is a realtor and does not get a lot of time to fly, but practices his sim and flies his Avistar. The other has advanced and now owns and flies a Midwest Cherokee 40 powered by a Thunder 61, (it's a SCREAMER) and a Hangar 9 Miss America P-51 powered by a Saito 100. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Missileman

I use Real flight G2 that I bought used off Ebay.
I specifically went with G2 because the min. computer requirements where more in line with what I have, add to that the fact that it was used and therefore much cheaper.
G2 or G3 come with their own controller made by Futaba and it feel quite alot like my real Futaba radio.
On a very tight budget you can get a cable for your radio and download FMS for free. Not near as good as most other sims it is better than nothing.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:57 PM
weathervane

Jakcharles

I feel your pain.
I really did not want to spend the $200 for a G3 sim. Well after two or three mounths thinking about it, I finaly went out and bought one. It is great, I have improved my skills quite a bit. It allso helps out on those rainy days. I have been told that "there is no sub for stick time". You will learn to react to what the plane is doing with out thinking about it.

The help of a $200 sim is better than losing a more valuable plane. (sims fly year round, two feet of snow,three inches of rain,what ever mother nature throws at you)

Good luck
Old 08-09-2006, 06:26 PM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

I originally had Real Flight G2 Lite. This is a trimmed down version of G2. It comes with the Futaba controller that Missileman spoke of & if I remember correctly, 3 airports, 11 planes & 2 Helis. Like I said it was a trimmed down version, but for learning to take off & land & fly in general it was just fine. I later bought a NexStar that comes with the NexStar only version of Real Flight. NexStar & G2 Lite however are not compatable so they sent me at no extra charge the complete version of G2. It is much better than the Lite version with more capabilities, aircraft. & airports to choose from. I don't know how much the Lite version originally sold for or if it is still available. If it is though that might be a cheaper way for you to get a sim that is still pretty good. I downloaded FMS & the Lite version of Real Flight puts it to shame. I have since downloaded & installed a friends AFPD but I need to get a a chord to be able to use it. I have heard that it is a little better than G3 but I am not qualified to make that statement because I haven't been able to use it yet.

If money is a real big issue, & there is no shame in that because it is for a lot of us. Then G2 Lite might be an option worth looking into for you. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:25 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

I've had the G2 and have AFPD now and like AFPD.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:43 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the G-3 and so far I am very pleased with it seems like wheather you go AFPD or G-3 your out the 200$ check tower they have a payment plan and discounts all the time after my discount mine was 175$ and they added the add-ons vol 1 also . a quality sim no matter which one is a great learning tool it has helped my flying for sure and well worth the cash. as a side note make sure your computer can handle the graphics after buying my sim I found that my graphics card was not enough the minimum upgrade was 100$ I chose to get a better card and it was 165$ a factor in chosing which one you go for now I can watch DVD's LOL