Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
 AK field wife >

AK field wife

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

AK field wife

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:55 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AK field wife

Here is what a field wife looks like if you fly in AK Of course...she is cold by nature..but what field wife isn't?
Old 08-26-2006, 03:16 AM
RVM

Default RE: AK field wife

Looks about right!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:14 AM
My Feedback: (133)

You wife abuser! [:'(]

Wheres the hot coco!

Ya need to treat the ladies proper.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:57 AM

Nice to see she joins you sometimes. Any time I suggest to my wife to come out with me its as if I invited her to the dentist.

Im living in Asia though so we have little or no facilities where I fly. Hot and sunny with no shade except in the car so I dont blame her.

Now all you have to do is train her to refuel and start it, quick wipe down of the model when youve finished and it would almost be a perfect marriage.

AH OH waiting for incoming!!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:22 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to burst your bubble here but she is not as dedicated as you think. Those don't look like R/C magazines shes reading. I lived in Anchorage for 3 years back in the late 70's. Use to fly Estes rockets in the park downtown and R/C over at FT Richardson.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: caliber83

Nice to see she joins you sometimes. Any time I suggest to my wife to come out with me its as if I invited her to the dentist.
I can totally relate to that. This is, I setup it up to come out that way.. Ah yes, I LOVE it when a plan comes together!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:29 AM
My Feedback: (22)

And thats the Swim suit edition
Old 08-26-2006, 12:44 PM
My Feedback: (4)

You could have at least brought the poor Lady a cup of hot coffee!![8D]
Old 08-26-2006, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: caliber83

Im living in Asia though so we have little or no facilities where I fly. Hot and sunny with no shade except in the car so I dont blame her.
Now all you have to do is train her to refuel and start it, quick wipe down of the model when youve finished and it would almost be a perfect marriage.
AH OH waiting for incoming!!
Okay,here it comes.

Asia eh? been their done that. Lets see it's 100 degrees and 200% humidty and anything that resembles the stench of cooked food, smells like a severed raccoons "who who dilly." Nope, don't blame her.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:02 PM

For her to put up with those conditions - and you - she must be a grounded angel.

"Train her"? I wouldn't try it.

Dr.1
Old 08-26-2006, 06:46 PM
My Feedback: (13)

I invited my girlfriend....once. Within a month she had her own plane and was on the trainer box. We all fly and do aerobatics, etc, She chases birds. So much for my little personal retreat.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:39 PM

Caliber83, Heads up, you never hear a "dead stick" as incoming!!! I think she should start flying. I know I love it,....although being a native South Floridian, I'm not sure I would be so enthusiastic in anything other than sub tropical temperatures (anything below 60 is too cold for me). She is a trooper though! AKFireMedic should bring out a Chiminea or something. Hey guys, can you run an electric blanket off a 12v battery?
Bev
Old 08-28-2006, 12:05 AM

Cyclic

Yes sounds like the same part of Asia. Hot Humid, and road side stall food cooked with seasoning Im not so keen on. Some is OK though.

Quite the opposite of AK Field Wifes climate.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:33 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Yes she is pretty supportive. She isn't really excited about me getting back into planes though. I flew a lot about 12 years ago or so but hadn't taken it up again untill a few months ago. Now it's my new crack! I am pretty heavy into racing 1/8 nitro off road and she has her own truck and likes to drive it. I'm sure by next summer I'l have her on the buddy box!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:02 AM

AKfireMedic

Well done if you can get her interested.
Great to have both with the same interest as you can share a little. You fly her plane, She can flys yours. Also you can shaare much other required equipment My wife likes clothes, handbags, shoes and jewerly. I guess i could share those with her, but I wouldnt feel comfortable.

Id like to take her handbag up for some aeros, but even with the latest OS46AX strapped to it, I dont think it would perform too well.

Each to there own.

Some say they like there interest own their own, They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. However with my job Im away Nearly 3/4 of the month. So it would be great if we could go to the flying field together.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Skyhigh Bev

Caliber83, Heads up, you never hear a "dead stick" as incoming!!! I think she should start flying. I know I love it,....although being a native South Floridian, I'm not sure I would be so enthusiastic in anything other than sub tropical temperatures (anything below 60 is too cold for me). She is a trooper though! AKFireMedic should bring out a Chiminea or something. Hey guys, can you run an electric blanket off a 12v battery?
Bev
You might need to keep the battery charged but hook this up to it
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
and plug the blanket into it.

or this one for a King size
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search
Old 08-28-2006, 01:37 PM
RVM

I keep my house at about 65F-68F and it would be colder except my electric bills are already really high. I sweat in temperatures over 70F. Wanna come over for a few days?

Bev
Old 08-28-2006, 02:20 PM

Caliber,
Where in Asia are you living?
KW_Counter
Old 08-28-2006, 09:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bev
Electric Blanket????? What's that. We Floridians don't know what those thing are. If I had to fly in Alaska, I'd fly indoor. That's why folk like Bev and I live in Sunny Florida. Ahhhhhhh, Hon, please pass me the Orange Juice....[8D]

Bill, AMA 4720

Old 08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Many people complain about the weather here in Oklahoma saying that we don't have spring or fall. But I'm here to set the record straight. We have 4 very seperate and distinct seasons every year. And they are hot, hotter, still hot, and Christmas!!!!!!!!

Ken
Old 08-28-2006, 09:35 PM

RVM, Sure wish you could pipe some of that A/C over to our field here in Ft. Lauderdale!!! If you check out the thread "Bev and Joel flying a trainer" here in the Beginners forum, you'll see we look "wilted" on a daily basis. So where's your field? I posted a picture of ours in the other thread.
Bev
Old 08-28-2006, 09:51 PM

Bill, I couldn't agree more. Only problem is the Tropical Storm bearing down on us. I only had time for two flights this morning before leaving the park to find gas!!! Who knows what our field will look like by Thursday. Which do you prefer....Florida's Finest, or Tropicana?
Bev
Old 08-28-2006, 09:53 PM
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Bill, I couldn't agree more. Only problem is the Tropical Storm bearing down on us. I only had time for two flights this morning before leaving the park to find gas!!! Who knows what our field will look like by Thursday. Which do you prefer....Florida's Finest, or Tropicana?
Bev
Awww come on Bev!!! it's just a little wind. Flying in the wind is fun!!!!

Ken
Old 08-28-2006, 10:12 PM

Ken, Just having a few minor issues with something called RUDDER CONTROL!!! We had a north crosswind today and the pilot cages are on the south side of the runway. Today, I had to duck when I flew over MY OWN HEAD on a landing attempt!!! Where are the NASA forms when I need em?
Bev
Old 08-28-2006, 10:28 PM

Living in the Northern part of Borneo. Only slightly north of the equator here.

Theres are reasonable following of Nitro RC cars and Buggies, and a bit of RC electric planes.

Only a couple of us interested in Nitro planes and helis.

Its hot here, real hot, dan hot, Africa kinda hot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.