Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

FS One Versus Real Flight??

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

FS One Versus Real Flight??

Old 01-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Bonified Wingnut

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FS One Versus Real Flight??

ORIGINAL: GraemeEllis

I think Realflight is getting gimmiky. Machine guns? Paintball? Inside views with targeting cameras?
This is not what what a beginner needs. It just creates bad habits and adds to the cost!
Thats what I said... at first. Now I find myself on the simulator 10 times as much as I used to be. Maybe 1/3 of it is in combat but if I don't turn the sim on at all it is useless.
I do not own both so I cannot make a comparison, and I think the only ones qualified to do so own both.-BW
Old 01-22-2010, 06:02 PM
goirish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do own both and I like the FSOne better. Seems like I can see the planes better when they get a little far out. I can hover on the FSOne and have a terrrible time on G-5
Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Bonified Wingnut

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: goirish

I do own both and I like the FSOne better. Seems like I can see the planes better when they get a little far out. I can hover on the FSOne and have a terrrible time on G-5
Don't take this the wrong way it is not a question of your abilities but of the sims. Can you Hover for real?-BW
Old 01-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Sea Monkey

My first Sim was FSOne. I learned to fly with it and haven't had a real crash when my buddies and family have had several. FSOne teaches the plane orientations and stick movements very well. It does not have the best or most accurate flight characteristics but it will teach you to fly.

I also have Phoenix and have been flying it for about half a year. Let me start by saying that I like it a lot. For normal fight, the flight characteristics seem more realistic than FSOne (for the models that I own) and it has better graphics and more planes than FSOne. It also navigates through the menus and options much faster. For helicopters they seem to have the physics figured out better than FSOne or Real Flight. Now that Horizon and Phoenix have some sort of partnership, the horizon models are included. (For me that was great since I have eflight, JR, and Hangar 9 models.)

With all of that said, I've been spending quite a bit of time at the LHS demo-ing RealFlight. I'm going to spend the money and buy it. For normal flying I like Phoenix, but for 3D style flight I think the realism is the best in RF and I like the way you configure things in RF better than the others. I really like having so many models and flying sites available. Although I think they are gimmicky, I like the combat and multiplayer capabilities. They add some fun to the "training" that I do on the sim.

If I had to do it again, I'd spend the money on RealFlight and all the expansion packs from the start.
Old 03-02-2021, 08:28 AM
Truebuild

Default FS One V2

FS One V2 seems to be the best of the current batch of simulators in the way it models the forces acting on a plane.

Last edited by Truebuild; 03-02-2021 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:43 AM
kumkumking

Default simolator

i use pheonix rc 5/6 and xtr and areofly which is free to download off the internet,which is the best thing i think for a beginner
but you need to use your plane transmitter and the cable to fit in the back of the transmitter,also the dongle which i have a spare
if you want it for free,just gimme a shout
Old 04-17-2021, 05:30 AM
opjose

Originally Posted by kumkumking
i use pheonix rc 5/6 and xtr and areofly which is free to download off the internet,which is the best thing i think for a beginner
but you need to use your plane transmitter and the cable to fit in the back of the transmitter,also the dongle which i have a spare
if you want it for free,just gimme a shout
None of those are free.

Old 04-17-2021, 11:41 AM
Truebuild

Default Phoenix is born again.

Originally Posted by opjose
None of those are free.
One if the three is at the moment free to download and use it seems...

Phoenix Simulator Downloads

Since PhoenixSim is now fully out of business and there is no customer support left whatsoever I consider it to be abandonware and I feel I can share files for support and community purposes to those still using the software. You still need a dongle to use it. If original copyright holders wish to take these files down for a valid reason they can contact me.
https://www.rc-thoughts.com/phoenix-sim/
As for the other two they may be free to download and have a limited trial period?

Old 04-17-2021, 01:36 PM
opjose

Originally Posted by Truebuild
One if the three is at the moment free to download and use it seems...

Phoenix Simulator Downloads

Since PhoenixSim is now fully out of business and there is no customer support left whatsoever I consider it to be abandonware and I feel I can share files for support and community purposes to those still using the software. You still need a dongle to use it. If original copyright holders wish to take these files down for a valid reason they can contact me.
https://www.rc-thoughts.com/phoenix-sim/
As for the other two they may be free to download and have a limited trial period?
No it is NOT legal "Abandonware" simply because you think it is.

What Is Abandonware and Is It Legal? (makeuseof.com)

Publicly posting it in a forum also offers proof of intent.