Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

What is a Cline Regulator?

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

What is a Cline Regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 01:15 AM
JDHammer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a Cline Regulator?

Hi,

Saw this device mentioned in several threads as a way to improve engine performance. What is it, how does it work, which engines can use it and where do you purchase one?

Thanks, JD
Old 02-02-2003, 02:34 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a search in the engine discussion forum and you'll find all the info you need on cline regulator and perry pump. basically they are needed when your fuel tank is placed at the cg for better fuel delivery to the engine.............
Old 02-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

I needed one of these when my Performance Specialties Ultrathrust Muffler equipped OS 46SF would lean out on extended vertical uplines. With this unit, you never have lean runs. The fuel draw is constant no matter where the tank is or how full it is. It works quite well.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:33 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Regulators, Pumps & Pressures

The Cline system is one of three ways to improve fuel delivery from the tank to the carb. It is basically a demand system regulated by a diaphram and pressured by the crankcase. I like it the best of all because you never need to make a carb swap as you might with another brand. The regulator senses what the carb needs at different speeds and supplies the fuel in a very consistent manner. Makes tank placement and consistent runs a snap. You can pull the fuel line off a Cline at any rpm and no fuel comes out! Here is a link to the site. My Cline is getting way up in age but still answers the phone himself and will talk to you as long as you'll listen. He's often at the WRAM show in NY. Anyway, hope that answered some questions. Ask if you have more_bob
Cline
Old 02-04-2003, 03:45 AM
JDHammer
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks very much Bob, that website is exactly the information I was looking for but couldn't find in the search. Someone mentioned in a thread that their Saito 300 was greatly improved by the Cline even though that engine has its own pump. When I have an unsuccessful start with my Saito, there is all kinds of fuel pouring out the carbs. I'm hoping this regulator will help that.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:24 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Good Luck!