Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Anyone hear of this plane? PHOENIX-2000 Electric RC Airplane RTF

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Anyone hear of this plane? PHOENIX-2000 Electric RC Airplane RTF

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:40 PM
greg booth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone hear of this plane? PHOENIX-2000 Electric RC Airplane RTF

Hi
Do you still fly your plane? I like to tinker with my plane and I have found that changing the angle of the Stabilizer (horizontal tail) helps it fly more balanced when you use the aileron wing in high position. I angled it down about 6 degrees and it is now balanced and flies straight with neutral elevator and is easier to fly. It makes a huge difference.
Greg
Old 06-15-2007, 05:51 PM
polldd

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a Phoenix-2000 from Hobby-estore.com. I received it the other day; I assembled it and charged the battery. When I start to throttle up the prop it will turn and then shut off. It also keeps beeping. I keep reading about the ESC being bad, can someone explain what this means, this my first plane and I am as about new to RC airplanes as anyone can be. I e-mailed hobby-estore but have not heard anything back from them, has anyone dealt with them, are the good to work with?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:14 PM
greg booth

Hi,
I had the same issue. DO NOT try it again because you can easily destroy the esc which is what happened to me. I discovered that the propeller is a little too big for the esc and motor when you have a li po battery. I ended up with a two-blade 8" diameter and 6" pitch. A 9" with a 4.7" pitch is also good. Another option that is risky is to not give it full throttle on the ground and then at speed it may be able to take it because the airplane speed reduces the amps a little.
Greg
Old 06-15-2007, 06:50 PM
polldd

Greg,
I don't have the li-po battery, i have the NIMH battery. Will this cause the same issue? Do you have a suggestion for a online retailer that is good for buying props? Also can you give a brief description of what the ESC is. I can't get the prop to turn at all, it start and stops immediatly.

Appreciate the help
Dan
Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
greg booth

Hi,
Sorry the esc is the acronym for electronic speed controller. Your battery plugs into it and 3 wires go to the motor and 3 tiny wires go to the receiver. If the motor just kind of twitches then one of the three wires that goes to the motor may not have connection. They each have a banana connection. One is red one yellow and one black I believe. Take all of these connections apart and put them back together. They should fit snugly. Then try it again. If the propeller turns the wrong way then simply reverse two of the wires. This should solve the problem. Let me Know.
Greg
Old 06-16-2007, 10:41 AM
polldd

I checked the wires, they looked like they had good connections, but I unplugged and repluged them and nothing seems to be working. I am thinking the esc may be bad. Before I unplugged it the rudder was working fine but the motor would try to turn then twitch and shutoff. Also the elevator would twitch and cause the rudder to try and turn. Now its not doing anything. I am going to e-mail the hobby-estore.com again and look in to returning the plane or having them replace the ESC. Thanks for the help. I will post later if they were able to take care of me or not, if they don't I would suggest not purchasing from them.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:48 PM
greg booth

Hi Dan,
Is your battery charged and is full voltage getting to the esc? If so then check the esc connection to the receiver. Unplug it and plug it back in. If this does not solve the problem then take a voltmeter and measure the voltage between the tiny red and black wires going from the esc to the receiver. The red is the middle wire. This is the power to the receiver. The connector has some bare spots that you can touch with the voltmeter. It should be a constant 5 volts. You can also measure this voltage at the unused servo channels on the receiver. If no 5 V then replace the esc. If you do get 5 V then you need to replace the receiver.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:46 PM
rmds2000

Hay guys check out this video. I attach a cam to the Phoneix 2000 for Aerial Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMjdRIKmHNQ
Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
greg booth

Glad to get your post. That is remarkable! Can you watch it while you fly? I noticed the pitch stays pretty steady. Good flying. I am still flying mine although I have had to make a number of repairs.
Greg
Old 07-03-2007, 03:02 PM
buzzbird

Hi Grumpy
I have had my phoenix for 6 weeksd have got it up in the air 3 times, first time I tried it with the nose gear, it broke off about 10 feet from takeoff, that loss and I believe a slight tail heavy caused it to stall and drop off on the right wing, there wnt the wing but it was easy to repair(training wing). I checked the cg and balanced it @3 1/8". The next flight I lost the vertical stabilizer, the foam broke off at the attachment screw, down it came again. I agree, this plane is really a training tool for repairs. Will repair the V Stabilizer and start all over again. I also have the NIMH battery.

I bought the model from BananHobby and they have been very little help. Also EMailed Sapac 6 times, and no answer from them.

You are right it is an expensive toy, I will continue to try.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:29 PM
greg booth

Hi,
I use foam safe hot glue to fix mine and hold it together. Melts the foam a little but works great. My plane has glue all over it at this point! All of my landing gear is history.
Greg
Old 07-03-2007, 08:15 PM
rmds2000

No i have not try FPV flight yet.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:46 AM
greg booth

What is FPV?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:57 AM
rmds2000

FPV is First Person View that meas you wear a video goggle or look at the monitor and fly the aircraft.
You can know more about this from this site
http://www.fpvvideo.com/index.html
ITS FUN
Old 07-04-2007, 02:51 PM
greg booth

Wow! That would be like flying a real plane. Thanks
Greg
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 PM
rmds2000

Hi guys here are my new Aerial Video of Phoenix 2000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IQ7fhdXoo
Old 07-09-2007, 09:50 PM
greg booth

That is amazing and fun to watch! The video quality is good.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:45 PM
rmds2000

Hi there this video was `taken last weekend see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_B3vWsXUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcM_fXPlXo
Old 07-16-2007, 01:41 PM
greg booth

Hi rmds 2000,
Your video is fun. I have been to Singapore 3 times. I went to the bird park and the zoo. The bird park is amazing. My wife is from Hong Kong and her brother is in Singapore. I don’t use the trainer wings so if you wrecked yours I could send mine if you pay shipping. Do you know why it crashed? Good thing the video tells you where it crashed.
Greg
Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 PM
rmds2000

The wings are ok thks. But i dont know why it did a sudden nose dive may be it because of the wind.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:33 PM
robmurtha

Hi, I just bought one of these because I wanted to have a decent radio and I liked the options for having multiple wings. I'm having some of the same issues with weight management so the forum is really helping now that I've crashed a couple of times and am looking for help.

I have two immediate issues and would appreciate any help.

1. what is the proper direction to mount the prop (rear facing engine) - should the lettering on the prop face the tail or the nose ?
2. anyone have a recommendation for replacement servos or even gear packs? The gears are easy to strip but they can be replaced.

Thanks!
Rob
Old 07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
greg booth

Hi Rob,
1. You can tell by the curvature on the blades. That is how I tell. The cup will face back for this pusher. The letters face forward.
2. Yes I broke some too. I really like the servos I bought. They use almost no power and are VERY reliable and accurate but they cost $20 each. (Dymond D47) from www.rc-dymond.com
Old 07-27-2007, 07:01 PM
polldd

Hi All,

Thought I would give you an update, I finally got my plane flying. After getting my second bad charger from hobby-estore.com I decided to bite the bullet and go buy my own replacements. Long story short, after buying a new charger, ESC, Receiver, and Motor I finally got the plane to run. My first experience is that the gear is only functional if you have a perfect runway. The afternoon I got my plane running I couldn't wait to fly so I jumped the gun and went out side my house and hand launched it. It flew pretty good until the pear tree got in my way :-). So my first repair was glueing the rudder back on. Today I got out to an open sports complex that has a newly paved striaght drive. I was able to fly 3 times (crash landing each time). I am getting the hang of flying but everytime I crashed, the plane made a sharp left or right turn and I wasn't able to pull it out of the nose dive. My repairs I need to make now is put the right landing gear back on, glue the rudder part of the tail wing back on, glue the elevator section of the tail wing (has a big split down the middle), glue the battery compartment back in to the plane. I think all the issue will be easily repairable. I just need to get the hang of pulling out of the sharp turns.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:34 PM
greg booth

I had a similar problem with the trainer wing and I never went back to it. Which wing are you using? I have been using the FMA copilot device with the aileron wing and it works pretty well. I changed the angle of the stabilizer slightly down and this also helped a lot. My landing gear is history. I now hand launch and belly land but it is on a hill into the wind.
Greg
Old 07-28-2007, 03:45 PM
polldd

I was using the training wing, I tried the other ones today, but couldn't get the plane to hand launch with them. I switched back to training wings and crashed and broke on of wings clear across.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.