Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Info on the Ready2 or the Jupiter

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Info on the Ready2 or the Jupiter

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 02:44 AM
steamroller22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on the Ready2 or the Jupiter

I am looking at making my first plane a Ready2 or a Jupiter both by falcon aviation. Does anyone have anything at all to say about these planes? Good, Bad,
Old 02-07-2003, 04:33 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Ready is one neat plane....unique in its 'plastic' is TUFF - nice flying too...haven't flowm the Jupiter - but it uses the same wing as the Ready.

Jerry
Old 02-07-2003, 10:59 PM
Shero113

The aircraft are made by ARC in Italy, in ABS plastic. In the UK they are distributed by Ripmax. I only know about the Ready 2. It has a SRP of £80, but try 308hobbies, where it is much less, and they (and Ripmax/Hobbystores) gave me the following advice:

There are two very good trainers for around the same price: the Ready2, and the Irvine Tutor 40. The Tutor 40 is made of wood. As the Ready 2 ABS it is very hard to destroy it. It can even be hit with your hand, and nothing will happen. It is heavier though, so slightly harder to land. However, in the view of the shops, the little extra for the Ready 2 is worth it, as it is very hard to destroy.

In the air though the extra weight is not an issue. As a flyer it is, like the Tutor 40, excellent, with good neutral handling.

Apparently, some flying schools use the Ready 2 as their main trainer.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Cscape

I have been flying a Ready 2 for about a year now, it makes an ideal winter plane when the weather is not idea. It is very strong, infact there was an in-flight crash between a Ready and a tutor, the tutor was compleatly destryed, but the Ready landed with just a bad dent in the wing. A very good plane, and the Jupitor (athough i have never flown it, is just as good, although low winged so not for the begginer